Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel prob?

pauley

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vn commodore v6
my vn commadore v6 series 1

every time i turn left hard around a roundabout or corner my car loses power or half stalls fule filter is changed fresh.. i use bp ultimate fule.. even on a strait road if i boot it still dosent want to change gear transmison if fine but it spits like not geting enough fule and fule pump is new...?

Nevyn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Sedan
was it doing this before u changed the fuel filter?

The Darkness

Junk Yard Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
Charged VT V6 A4
blocked injector, fuel pressure regulator, blocked fuel line.....basically get the whole fuel system checked. if it doesnt fix it at least you know you have a clean system lol

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
If you've got an immobiliser fitted check all the wiring. When I first got my VN every left turn would kill the passenger side of the engine because of one dodgy connection in the immobiliser circuits.

Took a few weeks to find that one out.

djvass

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS BT1 SS 5ltr original
where abouts is the immobiliser located and where abouts was your faulty connection?

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
This one is an aftermarket unit, the dodgy wire was hooked into the bottom of the DFI module. It just killed the spark to one bank of the engine.

If you need it I should be able to get a pic up tomorrow, it's too dark for a shot now.