Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Problem

Webbys

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore 2008 & 2011 VE
hi
My son brought his first car a few days ago, we are having trouble putting fuel in it.

The day we brought it the fuel gauge said it had 1/4 of a tank, since it was a 2hr drive home, we stopped to put fuel in it, the car would take any fuel, the bowser nozzle kept clicking off, though that was strange, so moved to another one, thinking that one wasn’t working properly but nope car still wouldn’t take any fuel and was clicking off every $1.00 and the fuel was pushing back but then go down, next thought was, the car was chockablock full and the fuel gauge wasn’t working.

few days later after a 2hr drive home and bit of driving over a few days, the gauge said the thank was on red (empty) and low fuel come up on the dash, so went to put fuel in it again yesterday but still it won’t take any fuel???

Come home put a clean dry hose down the neck of the tank but it didn’t seem to go to the bottom as we didn’t touch any fuel, so when back to the servo to try put fuel in again but still is won’t take fuel??

Only way that I was able to put fuel in was too only just put the nozzle in and only just pull the trigger and have the fuel drizzle it that took ages, I managed to get 20L into, fuel gauge seems to be working.

once that fuel goes I’m going to have the drama of trying to get fuel in it again, has anyone had this problem before or know what’s going on?

Cheers and thanks in advance for your help

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
What model car?

Webbys

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore 2008 & 2011 VE
What model car?
2008 VE Commodore, have only owned the car for a few days and didn’t know about the fuel problem until we tried to put fuel in it on the way home

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Thread moved to the VE section.