Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel pump for vs 355

vs 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v8 ute
Hi

I am putting a 355 stroker in my ute and looking to upgrade the fuel pump,just wondering what others have used or can suggest for this.Is there much involved in fitting an external pump or easier to keep an internal.I am going to run supercharged v6 injectors and motor specs are 246/254 110 LSA with 11:1 comp.

Cheers

vs 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v8 ute
Ive been recommended to install a fuel surge tank,would 1.5 litre tank be sufficient?Im going to leave the standard internal pump in and use it to prime the surge tank then run a bosch 044,and was thinking of plumbing the return line into the surge tank to keep it full.Would this work?

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
was thinking of plumbing the return line into the surge tank to keep it full.Would this work?

No i suggest the return go back to the main tank as the fuel returning from the motor will eventually heat up the little fuel you have in the surge tank.

Someone correct me if im wrong.

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
Not point rushing out an spending massive dollars on a fuel set up when its just a 355...

A stock V6 fuel pump from a VS will run it.

I have a mate with a stroked 355 with a top mount supercharger on it that runs a v6 pump that makes a lazy 250rwkw

vs 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v8 ute
Well Ive gone for an in tank up grade,aeroflow,was told its basically the same as a walbro.
On another thing does anyone know what height air cleaner i could run on top of a harrop low rise dual plane to fit under the bonnet?

highjacker

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs statesman
Not point rushing out an spending massive dollars on a fuel set up when its just a 355...

A stock V6 fuel pump from a VS will run it.

I have a mate with a stroked 355 with a top mount supercharger on it that runs a v6 pump that makes a lazy 250rwkw

i am fitting an ls1 (vy 5.7 ltr) into a vs statesman form original v6 and if i read your post correct i dont need to upgrade my pump
can you please advise if i read correct or if up grade is advisable

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
Yes, should be fine.

I was incorrect about his power figures though. He makes way more power.

Worst case, just get an inline pump for $150

[EDIT]

Although the stroker kit and the stock LS1 engine have the same displacement they do run different size fuel rails and regulators injectors ect... If your about to fork out 10k on an LS1 conversion then buy a bosh 044..

Last edited:

highjacker

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs statesman
thanks will start with stock one and if it seems undersize will buy bosch 044
ls1 conversion well underway trouble finding parts to convert at reasonable prices tho and fitting most bits fron vy as bought write off vy statesman with all running gear intact