Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS1] fuel pump upgrade??

Kingston_99

383ci HTV2300 blown LS1!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute STROKED/BLOWN
i'v got a Harrop blower on the way.

i want to upgrade the fuel pump. what is the best setup for me? what have others used?

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
hey mate your best option would be the ever popular bosch 044 fuel pump, theyre rated to about 700hp? (correct me if im wrong), i picked up a brand new one not long ago, theyre worth about 250-300 depending on where you get one, with the blower id suggest injector upgrade aswell if you havnt already, 60lb injectors should do the job nicely

GenReaper

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.AusHeli.com
Members Ride
VY SS Series II Wagon
Surge tank, Bosch o44 and a pressure regulator.

Kingston_99

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute STROKED/BLOWN
well looks like a a bosch 044 pump and surge tank. been talking to my tunner and thats what he recomended.
I wouldn't suggest an 044 unless you absolutely need it. If you are planning on making 350rwkw or less, an intank walbro 255lph pump will do the job fine.
i wouldnt think so... im running the big boy HTV2300, gone be abit more then 350kw....

Surge tank, Bosch o44 and a pressure regulator.
thanks mate

hey mate your best option would be the ever popular bosch 044 fuel pump, theyre rated to about 700hp? (correct me if im wrong), i picked up a brand new one not long ago, theyre worth about 250-300 depending on where you get one, with the blower id suggest injector upgrade aswell if you havnt already, 60lb injectors should do the job nicely
injectors come with the blower, also fuel rail.

GenReaper

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.AusHeli.com
Members Ride
VY SS Series II Wagon
I wouldn't suggest an 044 unless you absolutely need it. If you are planning on making 350rwkw or less, an intank walbro 255lph pump will do the job fine.

No it wont when the swirl pot runs out of fuel and the engine runs lean.

Why is it that nobody seems to understand the standard fuel systems and missleads people ?

Maybe cause they dont have to pay for the engines when they go pop.

Surge tank does away with the bad standard pot design, maybe you should google it before giving false information.

Kingston_99

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute STROKED/BLOWN

Why is it that nobody seems to understand the standard fuel systems and missleads people ?

Surge tank does away with the bad standard pot design, maybe you should google it before giving false information.

thanks mate, lucky i have read in a mag somewhere that an external setup will sh*t all over a intank job. plus " SirNemesi" you have the money to back that up if my blower pops my motor cuase the fuel couldnt keep up???

SirNemesis

Reaction score
Members Ride
WHII Statesman

Feel better now? 350rwkw is fine with a standrd walbro intank. I'm speaking from experience, not from what someone said to someone else on a forum, that you happened to overread and spew out like you understand. I've done it. It works fine, period. There are plenty of people getting around with turbo LS1's running nothing more than a walbro intank and 60LB injectors.

thanks mate, lucky i have read in a mag somewhere that an external setup will sh*t all over a intank job. plus " SirNemesi" you have the money to back that up if my blower pops my motor cuase the fuel couldnt keep up???

External setups do **** all over an intank job. No disputing that, but there are always negatives. A single Bosch 044 pump will chew 15amps and will make a hell of a noise. Your standard fuel pump wiring is too small to run this, so you will need to run new wiring.

I have no interest in the blame game if your engine blows up. I'm giving advice based on experience, if you do the same thing and it ####s up, that isn't my fault. But at the same time, I'm not going to get on the internet and tell you that you HAVE TO get an overkill fuel system.

My car is now running dual 044's, and I regret the decision every time I turn the key.

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
I'm using a Walbro 'intank' with my Harrop setup and it's fine. Like SirNemesis said, the 044s are too noisy (for the average punter). Kingtson, what does your tuner recommend?

GenReaper

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.AusHeli.com
Members Ride
VY SS Series II Wagon
Feel better now? 350rwkw is fine with a standrd walbro intank. I'm speaking from experience, not from what someone said to someone else on a forum, that you happened to overread and spew out like you understand. I've done it. It works fine, period. There are plenty of people getting around with turbo LS1's running nothing more than a walbro intank and 60LB injectors.

SirNem dont mean to sound rude but...

If you say so but where not running V6's here mate.
Yep plenty of people running Intanks hurting their motors and not knowing it.
Too povo to upgrade thinking it will be alright.
Most of these people probably havent touched a spanner in their lifes.
Im saving for a fuel system myself as i have seen lean outs with my current combo which is a Walbro intank pump.
So from some one who actualy owns a 350rwkw car i am advising Kingston to fit a surge tank, considering he may end up with more power than 350rwkw
Yes it will have to be rewired, good point.
Yes they are noisy, but until you have heard what conrods sound like coming out the sides of the block then the noise is very minimal.