Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel pump

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
i hope you dont have a full tank, cause thats where it is, drop your tank swap over and your done, make sure you dont bend the full sender float or your guage will be inaccurate,

also just make sure the fuel pump relay hasnt crapped itself, mine did, i replaced the relay and off i went again

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
cheers man...nah the relay and fuse seems to be fine already checked that...im just not hearing any buzzing or engine going!! so the pump is inside the tank is it

there is an internal and external pump, usually the external pump needs replacing.

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)

Merlin

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Supercharged VR V6 A4 BERLINA/VZ SV6 M6
Dont want to steal your thread man, but i have a noisy pump at the moment, does that mean that my pump is going out?
External pump? I thought there was the "In tank" one and thats it.
Once again, sorry for jumping your thread, its just an interesting one.
Cheers, Merlin.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Yes only the one fuel pump inside the tank. Bit of a pain to get out, yes the tank will need to be emptied. If those other instructions in that link dont help let me know and Ill give you it in more detail. Its a pain though. Merlin, might be worth replacing your fuel filter first. Its cheap and easy and might fix your problem.