Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Reg Question

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
Well finally my FPR is on and working. Plus of course, some pictures:

Just refilled at 200 km and used 22.5 Litres, found a slight hole in the return line and a loose clamp.

Attachments

• FPR1.jpg
    FPR1.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 165
  • fpr2.jpg
    fpr2.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 171
  • fpr3.jpg
    fpr3.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
Now I like your engine rocker covers, and your power steering fluid box and pulley. That's neat. Also I noticed you thermoed your intake. May I ask where did you get that material from. Also did you notice any performance or smootherness? Do you get any extra performance out of the msd coils?

Cheers,
Jim :cool:

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
jack.mcintyre said:
its quicker off the mark, but I dont think the smoothness really changed - it was already pretty silky :). I might check my thermostat next (since it is free), then I'll recondition my injectors

Make sure you get the cooler thermostat.

I have noticed my car is tad smoother, but yeah the take off seems a have a bit more sting. I will see as time continues on.

Cheers,

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
yep, mines S1, look at my cardomain site for pics, and let me know if you have any questions...

B

BR377

Cool thanks, i might be able to replace a gearbox and timing belt but when it comes to fuel system i have no idea.

I'll purchase one this week and see if i can work it out, i don't know what hose is what so i might be back on here asking where they go :)
How are the instructions?

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
the instructions are ****, you cant get a thing from them. I relied completely on this forum... they are so bad, i was thinking of scanning, and putting in jokes section...

aokman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Super6
There is a debate about what the stock fuel pressure is so i would try each tank with 2-4psi diff in each direction and see what it does to your economy, im trying to track down the best for mine atm.

The main reason i get decent consumption atm is probably because i have a new OXY sensor, thermostat, coolant sensor etc etc....

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
the fuel pressure i gave is out of BOTH Max elleries and haynes workshop manuals

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
2Fast2FuriousDude said:
Now I like your engine rocker covers, and your power steering fluid box and pulley. That's neat. Also I noticed you thermoed your intake. May I ask where did you get that material from. Also did you notice any performance or smootherness? Do you get any extra performance out of the msd coils?

Cheers,

The rocker covers are Kilkenny Castings (SA company). As for the intake, I used an adhesive thermal foam that I got from Clark Rubber (they have 10 mm and 5 mm sheets), at the bottom where they meet up i used Flashtac (from Bunnings) and then used a couple of big zip ties to keep it in position.

Didn't notice much gain if any as i was toying around with a few things on the engine at the time. Plus it was a after thought to do the intake as originally I used the 10mm sheets to do the inside of the doors and the 5 mm to do between the door and the panels.