Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel sender device problem

race4life

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ACCLAIM
Hi Everyone,

The fuel gauge on my VY has been acting strange for a while now. But since yesterday it has gone absolutely crazy:bang:. I filled her up on monday [until i heard a click from the pump] and when I took the car to go out for lunch the fuel gauge went to half and while driving back home from work yesterday it came up with low fuel warning, All in all i had done 40 kms and this is now really starting to bug me. I know that the fuel sender device on VY's is famously faulty:undead:. The car warranty has expired and so I dont have any other option but to pay for it. My question is how much does it cost to get this changed and also how many kms do you get for a tank full of fuel [mostly peak hour drive opp way not on the freeway]. All the answers appreciated:bow:.

Stricky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore SV6 Storm Ute and VE Commodore Calais
Hey there sorry cant answer the ? about how much for a new fuel sender, but does sound like the problem. I usually get around 430-450km peak driving, avg speed over the whole tank is 32kmph at a burn rate 12.5 ish Litres per 100Km. Hope my figures help.