Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Sender

misshsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V8 HSV Clubsport
sounds like a faulty fuel pump or even the last mechanic that has worked on it might of not plugged in the wires correctly. before you go and buy a fuel sender either go to another mechanic or DIY. even get yourself a manual book. save yourself money :)

Cheers for that..ordered a manual online which arrives by the weekend. As my car isn't starting I would have to get a mobile mechanic out, so hope to be able to DIY as much as I can. The biggest part that i'm worried about is the fuel pump (the whole taking the tank off is enough to soil yaself) Im on fuel pump read up and youtube overload, so will wait for my manual to give me the can do's and check in to the forums for advice as I need :)

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
no need to take the tank off

vl-vn-vp-vr-vs how to if applicaple to your car https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/removal-replaing-internal-fuel-pump-vl-vs-sedan.190699

main thing is draining the fuel tank, get a "jiggler hose" (as pictured below, they're better than sliced bread) and arm yourself with enough fuel cans to hold what ever is in there
jh.jpg
set of car ramps to get the back up up high enough.
small 1/4" drive socket set.

Last edited:

misshsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V8 HSV Clubsport
Happy to say that the Fuel Pump was indeed the problem with the car, on inspecting the Fuel Pump it was totally fried. Word to all keep your cars on at least half a tank and never let it run below the quarter, also don't use that low grade cheap petrol..says me who has learned the hard way.