Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel System...

Bitemylip

Reaction score
Hi there, i've just bought a VR commo which had been sitting for 6 - 12 months. I drove it back to brisbane from the gold coast, and something shat itself on the way.

My fuel pump doesn't engage anymore - could a blocked fuel filter cause this, or has the pump died??

I've replaced the fuel pump relay and the fuse looked intact.

Thanks
Simone

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Hi there, i've just bought a VR commo which had been sitting for 6 - 12 months. I drove it back to brisbane from the gold coast, and something shat itself on the way.

My fuel pump doesn't engage anymore - could a blocked fuel filter cause this, or has the pump died??

I've replaced the fuel pump relay and the fuse looked intact.

Thanks
Simone

You can get under the back of the car and disconnect the electrical connector on the pump and make sure its getting +12v using a test light/multimeter, get someone to turn the car to ignition, you should get a reading for a second or two.

If you are getting power to the pump and its not working then you'll be up for a new one, not really a hard job, just requires the tank to be emptied.

Cheers

Bitemylip

Reaction score
sweet thanks, will give that a whirl this arvo

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Swap the relay too and check fuses. Gregorys has a good check list that you can run through and test each part up to the pump. As vn6pwr suggested, if there is power at the pump but the pump isnt whirring you have found your problem straight away.