Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Full License Question (NSW)

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
Its been nearly 2 years since i got my green P's, but i can't remember the actual day that i got them, i can't remember getting a paper that details any of that stuff on it. How do i find out what day i can go for my full license? I looked on RTA but could'nt find anything.

Swordsy

mmmm beer....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo R8 - HX Tonner - XJR1200 - XR450R
I think the green P's are valid for 2.5 years when you get them, so 6 months before that I'd say.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Its been nearly 2 years since i got my green P's, but i can't remember the actual day that i got them, i can't remember getting a paper that details any of that stuff on it. How do i find out what day i can go for my full license? I looked on RTA but could'nt find anything.

Has the NSW licensing system changed to the point that you actually have to undergo a test at the end of your Provisional license period? I thought your license renewal was automatically posted to you about a month before it was due and that no further test was involved. That's the idea of a provisional period - the whole period is a driving test to determine your fitness to advance to a full license.

Swordsy

mmmm beer....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo R8 - HX Tonner - XJR1200 - XR450R
there are tests at every stage now, lots of fun!

unless you're over 25 and going from your bike red p's to your full, then there is nothing :D

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
That's the idea of a provisional period - the whole period is a driving test to determine your fitness to advance to a full license.

Actually no, the idea of the Provisional licence is to gain real world experience without being involved in any incident or breaking any law with a few extra limitations to abide by compared to that of a full licence. I.e. if you don't do anything wrong, you automatically progress to a full licence. If you do something wrong, then you don't. Just like the probationary period in a new job.

Melissa

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT HBD
I thought your license renewal was automatically posted to you about a month before it was due

I got a letter a few weeks ago to say that I can now sit my DQT, and also that my P's expire at the end of Feb.

VTasty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
what Swordsy said is correct (6 months before you licence expires)

also has anyone who has recently gone from Greens to Black Licence in NSW please explain to me how to do the test, i've tried online & its weird to do eg. the test when you have to click a safe distance, i click when the car is heaps far away & fail..cheers