Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Full map not available in my caprice

boss~1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Caprice ss 2011
I bought chevy caprice ss 2011 (Middle East) .. but when I press nav the system shows a masage ' Full map navigation not available '

I think the new system requires just SD card ? or it is more complicated than SD card

wing_nut

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Barina with Chrome Plated grease nipples
Osama Bin Hiding stole the SatNav

womble66

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE CALAIS V - V6
Sounds like it doesn't have SatNav fitted at all.

I concur. open the glove box and if there is no unit in there then its not fitted. personally I prefer the after market ones such as a tomtom as I have used the holden one and it was nt as user freindly or intuitive. I beleive they cost AUD$3-4K to get post delivery if it has not got the oem version but if your really want one that interfaces with the inbuilt lcd screen then garmin make one (GVN53) that can be sourced and installed and updated with the required region maps etc for about AUD$1K. https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=10573#gvn53

VTProductions

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE BERLINA 07
I bought chevy caprice ss 2011 (Middle East) .. but when I press nav the system shows a masage ' Full map navigation not available '

I think the new system requires just SD card ? or it is more complicated than SD card

u have everything except a box located in the glove box with a sd card or cd which is hooked up to the head unit around 300 to 800 to get it

IceyAUS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series II Sedan
If its a series 2, then there will be a SD card that will be needed for operation. This is located in the back of the head unit.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Nothing in the glovebox on series II, and youll find your head unit probably doesnt have a slot for the SD card.

afaik completely different head unit needed.

boss~1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Caprice ss 2011
My car is series II
So what should I do to get this new head and how much does it cost ? Is it complecated or not
From where can I get it ?
Thank you guys

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
My car is series II
So what should I do to get this new head and how much does it cost ? Is it complecated or not
From where can I get it ?
Thank you guys

I imagine it would cost a small fortune for a new one, might be lucky and find a second hand one from a writeoff then you will need holden to reprogram it to your vehicle if its even possible (havent tried to know it you can)