Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Full pacemaker exhaust ve v8

VNSS90

Reaction score
Members Ride
180sx/ve ss
hey all looking to get a full exhaust for me ve my local shop will only install a pacemaker system on it nothing else he wants $3600 fitted for a full 3 inch system ceramic with coated extractors. has any one got a full pacemaker system i cant seem to find any videos on the net to see what they sound like. my leading hand at work got the 3 inch cat back and said its just louder then stock and i want something with bark wen u open it up the only other exhaust shop is 70ks away in another town they do xforce red back and pacemaker just wondering if it worth going there instead of here

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
The 3 inch cat back is loud mate and very droney. I peed mine off and got the pacie 2.5 pretty quickly and that's loud too (sounds fantastic) but is much better on the drone.

Go the 1&3/4 PH5381 4into 1 headers and 2.5 system and you wont lose too much bottom end. Unless you are going to put a blower on it then use the 5382 headers. Also have a look at the cats on the website and ask them for the euro 2 cats not the 3's which might be higher flow. At $3600 you are not that far off a full KPM system you know.

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
Sorry mate forgot to mention if you go onto you tube and type in "ve pacemaker" there is a few vids.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
For comparison, I do Hurricane 4-1's, high flow Euro 3 cats, (there is no difference between the flow on 200 cell cats whether they are Euro 2 or 3), and a twin 2 1/2" Manta system with front hotdogs and rear mufflers all for $2460 shipped. Takes about 2 hours to fit.

Also, there is no difference between 1 3/4" or 1 7/8" primary headers on the VE either. You will not notice any difference in power or economy. You may see 1 or 2kW in peak power on the dyno, but that's about it.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
Well tell your local shop that you'll be taking your money somewhere else that will do what the customer wants. I hate places like that. Who do they think they are serving exactly?

In fact I'd take the cash in and flick through it, telling the bloke sorry but you're not getting any of this because your business sucks.