Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SA] fuse Problem

raezabak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
in my VX Commodore series 2 the 10A Fuse that runs the theft horn and instruments keeps blowing and im wandering what can cause this, so can someone please help

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
According to my diagrams they are two different fuses. Number 11, 7.5amp for instruments and Number 25, 15amp for the horn(s).
Does the horn fuse blow when you press the horn, or not?
If your car has two horns, the are both wired together in parallel. So if the fuse blows, both stop working.
As far as your problem goes, there is a short somewhere. Try disconecting the horns, replace the fuse and press the horn switch and see if it blows.
If it doesn't, the horn(s) are the problem. If it does then the wiring/relay is more than likely the trouble.

raezabak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
But it's the 10A fuse in section 21 which is labelled instruments/theft horn

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
There should be a theft horn relay in the fuse box under the bonnet. Try unplugging it and see if it stops blowing fuses.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
in my VX Commodore series 2 the 10A Fuse that runs the theft horn and instruments keeps blowing and im wandering what can cause this, so can someone please help

SORRY, my mistake....I read it as the "left horn"........thats what confused me.
As Tree cutter says and also disconect the horn and try it.