Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fusion gear?

marcdon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Evec 05
hi guys. not sure if this has been asked but im guna have a go anyway.
I am looking at an upgrade to my stock system in my VZ exec. I have recently spoken to Phreddy and i am going with a amp powered set up. I am on a tight budget but still want BOOM for my buck.
My thoughts are
Fusion Reactor 6.5" splits front
Fusion Reactor 6.5" 3-ways rear
Fusion Reactor 4ch 900w amp to power them.

has anyone got any experience with fusion gear? sound quality etc.

thanks

Uber_Flacky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 ltr Ute
It will be better then stock considering your amping it aswell, had a set of 6.5" in the back of one of my old car and they went pretty hard just off the head deck, much better then stock

Vg-ute-mad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 97 Series II
With the Reactor splits, last year I went up against Focal and SPL Dynamics in a SQ comp and won. I was running the splits, and an old Soundstorm amp to power the splits and an old Fusion FSW-12. For a set of cheap splits, they offer good sound staging! And as my splits were hidden behind the original commodore trims, the sound comp guy asked over the mic what I was running? When I told him Fusion Reactors, you could hear a pin drop!

So there is my little story! :)

ethann

Low And Luxurious!
Reaction score
Members Ride
'11 WRX, '73 Stingray, Lifted/Locked GQ.
I run 5.25 powerplant components in the front, Got them for $200 brand new.
I like em, I reckon there good I'm only amping them from a shity boss amp atm though.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
With the Reactor splits, last year I went up against Focal and SPL Dynamics in a SQ comp and won. I was running the splits, and an old Soundstorm amp to power the splits and an old Fusion FSW-12. For a set of cheap splits, they offer good sound staging! And as my splits were hidden behind the original commodore trims, the sound comp guy asked over the mic what I was running? When I told him Fusion Reactors, you could hear a pin drop!

So there is my little story! :)

I want to know more about this.If your splits were mounted behind the original trims, then they are hardly in an ideal spot for getting any sort of sound quality.Where did you have the tweeters mounted?

What else did you have done to your car, deadning, head unit ect? I'm not saying anything negative if it sounds that way, you did really well to win with that setup, i'm, just curious and want to hear more about the story.:thumbsup:

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
For what you pay Fusion are pretty good.

marcdon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Evec 05
Well i went for a drive to the nowra Autobarn and spoke to the guys there about the front splits. Listened to the reactors and then he showed me the PowerPlants. Amazing crisp sound compared to the Reactors. They had them on special for $199 down from $399 RRP needless to say i bought them.:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

tezza_vess

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SSV A6 (MY10)
Just beware that Fusion has 3 different model levels - encounter, reactor and powerplant (worst to best). So the powerplant stuff should sound better as they are the higher model level.

LthlThrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VU II SS
so what else are you going to get to go w/ them? i remeber they had this 15" comp sub and 1000w amp deal on for 1k, amazing sound and bass, that is what i like about fusion, good value for money.