Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuzzy

Matty o

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VU SS UTE
heys guys, in my 91 vn commodore, the 4inch speakers at the front, dont sound right, the left 1 is always a little bit crackly and distorted but the right 1 is perfectly fine.what could be the problem? also is there rear speaker wires under the parcel tray in the 91 commy exec and if so, how do u remove the parcel tray. thanks.

Last edited:

Matty o

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VU SS UTE
any help would be appreciated guys.

raZel

The ride for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V - V8
you could jst have frayed the wire that leads to the left hand speaker along the way if you have then when it rubs against the car it crackles. if its not that then you might need a better quailty wire. also check that the speaker itself isn't cracked or torn in any parts around the edge. if not any of those check the connection at the back of the head unit and make sure it not a dodgy connection. if none of that works then i am outta ideas man

As for the tray at the back of the car , i presume you mean the parcel shielf, this is heald in by some bolts and things that should be able to be accessed from the boot. there should only be around six to pull out along with around 2-4 plastic plugs! hope i helped

Matty o

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VU SS UTE
thanx buddy, r there rear speaker wires under the parcel tray in the exec do u kno mate?

raZel

The ride for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V - V8
the rear speaker wires run in the boot kinda, get in the boot and look in the liner of teh boot...the should run down the drivers side of the car