Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] G' day, I'm wondering if VE wheels will fit on VN/VP/VR/VS Commodores?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Series 1, VS Equipe S2 and VS Executive
G' day, I'm wondering if VE wheels will fit on VN/VP/VR/VS/VT Commodores?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Been answered many times on this forum. The answer is yes, with modification.

The centre hub hole on the VE is too small and needs to be machined to fit the early model hub. In addition, the wheel studs on the VE were larger in diameter than the early models, which means the stud holes in the wheels are slightly oversize for standard early wheel nuts. Some guys just go ahead and use the early nuts but it's not sensible as IIRC, the taper on the nuts doesn't seat correctly in the wheels (the tapers go too far into the larger stud hole than they should). Someone who has fitted VE wheels should be able to advise you if oversize nuts are available to fit the early studs.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Series 1, VS Equipe S2 and VS Executive
So if the VE rims need modification what is the latest model rims that will fit without any modification on the VN/VP/VR/VS/VT models? I'm also assuming that the models I've stated are all identical...is this true?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
VZ and earlier are all interchangeable. You just have to be mindul of your tyre sizes on some of the larger rims.

Last edited:

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
If you get some Ve wheels and they are machined properly on a lathe they fit up nice and tight and use VZ wheel nuts as they fit into the rim properly although I have heard some sort of Ford Focus nuts fit too