Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

G8 JHP Video In Motion kit (VIM)

calais06

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY06
Does anyone have one of these -(G8 JHP Video In Motion kit (VIM) that I can borrow to flash my DVD screen in NSW?

Ill give u some $$$.

Thanks.

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
One word: ILLEGAL!!!

Another word: UNSAFE!!!

boneart

Reaction score
Website
www.boneart.co.nz
Members Ride
VFII SS-V Redline
I have one and works great for the reversing camera.
They are a one shot job though.
When I got mine it was either cut a wire to flash the unit and leave it installed or the removable version only worked once and had to be returned to JHP for a credit and I assume to be reset.

boneart

Reaction score
Website
www.boneart.co.nz
Members Ride
VFII SS-V Redline
Apparently you can't put a link to the page here so just go to JHP and look under Holden VE interior.

calais06

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY06
I have one and works great for the reversing camera.
They are a one shot job though.
When I got mine it was either cut a wire to flash the unit and leave it installed or the removable version only worked once and had to be returned to JHP for a credit and I assume to be reset.

Was just reading another thread on here about it aswell, apparently the VIM Module needs to stay in the car attached to keep the auto-reverse switching to happen.

Thinking of getting Car Reverse Rear Backup Parking Camera Holden Caprice | eBay so its all flush and neat.

So it would be $59 for camera and $556 for the VIM+all cabling and pnp connectors from JHP - OPTION-2 VE JHP back up camera Auto switch

calais06

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY06
Just bought the camera off eBay and VIM+Aux in cable, camera and Aux#33114+ PnP connector#33112

Shall see how it goes :)

boneart

Reaction score
Website
www.boneart.co.nz
Members Ride
VFII SS-V Redline
Yes its not cheap to do with the VIM and auto switch and the camera is the least expensive bit of the whole kit but its well worth while.
The auto switch means its just set and forget and no mucking around pressing buttons etc to get it up on screen when you back up.

Easy to put in, just takes a bit of time getting all the trim off to get at the wiring.
Don't forget to enable rear aux in the head unit or it won't work. I also set the camera up under the lip above the number plate in the middle and set so I can just see the tow bar. This gives me reference points and allows real accurate positioning of the car unassisted.

At home I back around a corner into some pretty tight spaces and often have to look out for kids or toys that I can't see from the road.
It also makes backing onto a trailer drawbar an absolute breeze.
Personally I think this little mod is essential in car with such a big rear end blind spot on it.