Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

G8 JHP Video In Motion kit (VIM)

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
Not sure what's unsafe about wanting to put a reversing camera in my car, and not wanting the screen to turn off if I go above 3 kph lol.

Agreed. I am interested in doing an ipod integration for music use and it needs the VIM.

calais06

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY06
I'm going to be installing the camera on the weekend and was wanting to know if I will need a power source going to the camera or will the video lines power it?

Thanks.

boneart

Reaction score
Website
www.boneart.co.nz
Members Ride
VFII SS-V Redline
You do need power for the camera but doesn't use a lot so I just hooked it into the reversing lamps which means it only comes on when the car is in reverse.
If you have a tow bar you can just hook it into the reversing and earth wires in the tow bar loom.

HUX 90

POSION VE SS UTE
Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS UTE
I'm going to be installing the camera on the weekend and was wanting to know if I will need a power source going to the camera or will the video lines power it?

Thanks.

Take some photos while your installing the camera

mmcalaisv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
So did this camera from eBay fit straight into the number plate light??

I am looking for a similar camera setup for my car?

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
For Series I Calais V Owners, keep in mind that using the reverse camera will mean that the park assist will not be displayed on the screen.
(One of the reasons why I have not tried doing this myself).

Also, I have seen quite a few people wanting to use the video input for iPads, PCs, and non factory DVD players.
Is there any reason why you cannot use the VGA inputs used by the at Nav module ?
This would be MUCH higher quality, and as a bonus you would not need to setup VIM, as the Sat-Nav VGA Input is active all the time ?

(Just wondering because I am not sure if the Sat-Nav input needs to be enabled, or if you need the Sat-Nav fascia as opposed to the stock fascia) ????
Can anyone shed some light on this ????

calais06

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY06
So did this camera from eBay fit straight into the number plate light??

I am looking for a similar camera setup for my car?

Hey,

It required the black base bit to be filed down around .2mm on either side to fit in the hole, the bit that was filed is not visible, otherwise fit perfectly and is great.
You still retain the parking sensor beeps whilst having the camera showing behind you, so it's much better. Works great in day light, and if there is some light at night you can see aswell.

If you go to page 2 down the bottom of the link in my signature I have some pics of what it looks like from the back and on the screen itself.