Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gardening / Landscaping

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Sounds like a good spot for a lemon tree !

haha wood be, if it wasn't a rental property. My logic - Tomato plant can be re-homed or just discarded and will produce tomatoes quicker than a lemon tree.

Hertz Donut

Reaction score
Members Ride
Beastmode VS Equipe
I've got the landscaper booked tomorrow afternoon, stage 1 is finally underway! The concreter is booked for Wednesday next week, weather permitting, and once that's done I'll post some pictures. I'm so glad this is getting started, my little one is going to be stoked that she'll have somewhere to run around!

Nice. I'm currently thinking about liberating a little equity myself, so I can bury part of the front lawn under about 20sqm of concrete. Although I'm also going to bury it under some walls and a roof too - I'm going to push the lounge and dining area out a bit further to bring the room up to about 60 sqm.

Calais5l

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp Calais & vb sle
haha wood be, if it wasn't a rental property. My logic - Tomato plant can be re-homed or just discarded and will produce tomatoes quicker than a lemon tree.

This is true, a lemon tree would take a very long time to produce tomatoes

Great thread will post my own when its finished :)

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
I'll throw some pics of my backyard up this weekend. I ended up biting the bullet and getting an inground fibreglass pool earlier this year and have been slowly doing the landscapeing over the last 6 months. Been doing a heap of stuff myself, the prices tradies charge is ridiculous, I've done most things for about half the price. It's turned out surprisingly good, with most family members wondering how I managed to do it without fking it up lol. It's extremely satisfying when you move out of your comfort zone and finish a project that you had no idea how to do before starting

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
Nice.. looking forward to the pics...

My family all use the one Bunnings account so get a very good discount from them, esp on timber.. look on trademe etc at an out door table.. whhhhaaaat 4-500 bucks, meh build that for 150

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Pics are in. I've tried to take photos from the start to now to give you an idea of how run down the back was. Seriously, it was almost at the point of getting a drip torch on to the bastard.

This is from the side gate looking towards the back.

33AF379D-783A-4D08-9847-D01B0E33875D_zpscykh72nv.jpg

25F1471D-D820-46D1-AA80-90B3D309A811_zpsc3n0gzr1.jpg

C13CCB16-C475-4B69-85D7-30DC6970D84F_zpsczv1ja81.jpg

From the back looking towards the side gate (I don't seem to have a disaster zone picture)
8A0F31AB-CD59-41FC-9CCC-EE323913AF45_zps8geyxkzf.jpg

DC181125-C1EA-4315-8AC5-0EA7CD979CCE_zpsxkkcimde.jpg

Half way up the slab looking backwards
7985D169-634A-413E-AAEF-EE4499B3AE85_zpshfcsbbrg.jpg

EE844336-024D-43DF-B32F-FD2147BBABC9_zpsmjsaoi1q.jpg

3AB216F5-EE2B-4737-BFF6-B57F8F3A4087_zpsdwzszd7p.jpg

The concreter still has to come around and do some expansion cuts because there's a tree next door that will likely crack the slab if he doesn't. I might see if the owners can remove it, it's just some piece of **** thing that just drops leaves everywhere and clogs gutters. Now I just need to clean the beds out, remix have them and then next step is another coat of paint on the pergola and then redo the timber slats (if you look at the pics you can see where they've been removed from) and then it'll be time to get stuck into the top section over Christmas.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Lawn progress, 2 days shy of 3 weeks since I laid it...

From this:
IMG_3669.jpg

To this:
IMG_3777.jpg

Safe to say I'm pretty happy! :D

No going to lie, I am green (pun indented) with envy your lawn looks like that.

Out the back I originally had a nice fine, soft Santa Ana. But then I got the dogs and now it's a disaster zone.

I've since taken some runners from our the front, where I have a broad leaf couch that spreads like crazy and started transplanting it out back. Seems to be doing the job but it just won't be such a lovely fine blade grass. :(

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
**** that is a massive improvement Troy..

As to the neighbours tree, other methods are.. A: drill hole in it, full with roundup, watch tree die in weeks.. B: nail copper nails into it, watch tree die over xmas, new years period :smoking: