Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gas Converted VT

mrvxgen3

Reaction score
Website
www.streetcruisers.net
Members Ride
VX Berlina
my first service was free, which was just a quick check over to make sure everything was ok after they installed it. which was like 1500km after then my first real service that i payed was like $100 also depends which system you have where you go and what they do for checking and all too

DND

Banned
Reaction score
My's up for its first service havn't done it yet

Just had to do some highway driving and got about 560km's out of a 75L tank is that about normal

sepia

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
hi there
does anyone with an an svi setup get a whinning noise, slight humming on slight acceleration.
any clues?? car sems to be working ok...no side effects.

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
It's mostly in the low 70's but I've managed to find it at 66 with BP's discount card. What's more significant is that it has moved relative to the price of petrol. All those subsidised conversions must be having an effect :) . It's still much cheaper than petrol though.

I'm starting to get more motivated about fitting the mappable LPG mixture control that I've had half done for about 8 months, which is probably a good thing.

mrvxgen3

Reaction score
Website
www.streetcruisers.net
Members Ride
VX Berlina
hi there
does anyone with an an svi setup get a whinning noise, slight humming on slight acceleration.
any clues?? car sems to be working ok...no side effects.

i dont always hear it but there is a slight noise with it, i believe its normal, but if you feel its a problem take it to your gas mechanic and speak to them about it

mrvxgen3

Reaction score
Website
www.streetcruisers.net
Members Ride
VX Berlina
the price of fuel in melbourne at the moment is like 69.9c a litre its complete crap on the pricings, its not even worth that much to make since there is only two products needed to make it.

its not costing me at least $50-55 to fill a 75 litre tank dry/empty before i know it its going to be costing me the same to fill up for petrol im better off using petrol for my v8 instead.

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
the price of fuel in melbourne at the moment is like 69.9c a litre its complete crap on the pricings, its not even worth that much to make since there is only two products needed to make it.

its not costing me at least $50-55 to fill a 75 litre tank dry/empty before i know it its going to be costing me the same to fill up for petrol im better off using petrol for my v8 instead.

Ah, but it's not how much that it costs to produce that matters, rather it's what we are prepared to pay for it. While the cost of oil, and consequently petrol, continues to rise, and more people realise the savings with LPG the price for LPG will rise. It will be cheaper than petrol for the forseeable future though, because the excise will still be lower (on an energy content basis) and the penalty of the reduced range between fills and (in most cases) the reduction in carrying capacity due to the tank fitment.