Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gav1n's 03 VYII S-Pac

Gav1n

Reaction score
Members Ride
'03 VYII S-Pack
Hey all, earlier this week I picked up my new pride 'n' joy- an '03 VY Series 2 S-Pac in Platinum Silver.

It was picked up at a Brisbane auction house with 98k on the clock and very clean; it will be used for both work and pleasure!
As soon as I sell the old banger VS wagon, i'll be fitting a full exhaust system and K&N filter, and modding the stereo for low-level in and outputs. After this will come a Fusion sub for the boot.

Only issue so far is the power steering shudder at low speed, I saw this mentioned in a thread, would anyone be able to point out the mod / solution?

Thanks all, have fun!

Gav1n

Picture 004c.JPGPicture 006c.JPGPicture 015c.JPG

Hey all,

I just had a couple of small mods done:
- a stainless steel mesh pod filter, which needed two adapters to fit (namely for a VN and VT...);

DSCF1770.JPGDSCF1771.JPG

- rear muffler removed, a straight-thru pipe and tip refitted to look factory. Great sound and a bit more power.

DSCF1773.JPGDSCF1774.JPG

Not too sure what ill do next, probably extractors... :p

Cheers for reading. :yeah:

Last edited:

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Nice ride. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay?

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
A bit expensive, but a nice car mate looks very clean.

94vrexec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
I don't know much about the price of one of these but i'd say he got it for a decent price. Anyways nice car mate have fun with it!

Gav1n

Reaction score
Members Ride
'03 VYII S-Pack
Thanks all,

Yeh the price is a but much, but its on finance and has a used-car warranty and also includes the commissions, etc... its an ex-fleet car and has a full Holden service history.
Extremely clean, even still smells new.

A very happy chappy...

fmlycar

6appeal
Reaction score
Members Ride
308rwkw 180sx
Looks clean man. I'm not a huge fan of pod filters on na cars. Can I suggest you put in some sort of heat sheild, it will stop the hot air from the headers getting sucked into your motor. It will make a difference in power if not throttle response. The factory air box works quite well if fitted with your choice of aftermarket panel filter. Will be nice to see some updated pics when the mods start happening. As for my car being exactly what you want yours to look like, looks were fairy cheap. Wheels $1900, springs $220, remove rear wing FREE!