Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

G'day from Ireland!

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
The Camaro isn't made in Australia (its built in Canada), but it is based on the Zeta platform (which the VE is also based on), and a lot of the development on it was actually done in Australia by Holden.

Also I really don’t get all the different makes like:

* VE
* VE MY09.5
* VE MY10
* VU
* VU II
* VY
* VY II
* VZ
* VZ VZ MY06

Those are model designations. With the exception of the VE (which is the current model), the further down the alphabet the last letter is, the newer the model is (for example, VZ is newer than VY, which is newer than VU) The "II" after some models means Series II, a newer release of that model where they often fixed problems that the original had, and occasionally introduced new features. They don't do Series II releases anymore, instead they've switched to the Model Year (MY) designation. For example, a VE MY07 is a VE Model Year 2007, built between July 2007 and June 2008.

Hope this helps :)

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
The VE utes, the HSV models atleast, are available over in the U.K, badged as a Vauxhall Maloo I believe, might be worth looking into.

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
Indeed they are. Vauxhall even did some serious weapon versions - the one in my sig is the Vauxhall 'Bathurst' edition which is a supercharged v8. I think it was just called teh R8. Correction VXR8

metalgear2k2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Celica SS111
The Camaro isn't made in Australia (its built in Canada), but it is based on the Zeta platform (which the VE is also based on), and a lot of the development on it was actually done in Australia by Holden.

Those are model designations. With the exception of the VE (which is the current model), the further down the alphabet the last letter is, the newer the model is (for example, VZ is newer than VY, which is newer than VU) The "II" after some models means Series II, a newer release of that model where they often fixed problems that the original had, and occasionally introduced new features. They don't do Series II releases anymore, instead they've switched to the Model Year (MY) designation. For example, a VE MY07 is a VE Model Year 2007, built between July 2007 and June 2008.

Hope this helps :)

cheers mate that helps heaps!

The VE utes, the HSV models atleast, are available over in the U.K, badged as a Vauxhall Maloo I believe, might be worth looking into.

The cars, VXR8 and Monaro are available in the UK but if I wanted to bring one into Ireland I would have to pay 25% of the cars value here and the road tax per year would be €2000 per year, thats almost $3000 AUD per year on road tax!

But if I bring in a ute its classed as a commercial vehicale here so there is a standard rate of VRT which is €50 and standard roadtax for €240 per year. So I defo want to get the Ute and have looked in the Uk, they started selling them there in 2005 but havent seen any on the used car sites.

Road tax in Ireland sucks ass.