Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gearbox off centre

Endz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive
Hi, Wondering if anyone has come across this problem before in a VP? My gearbox sits a fairbit to the right(drivers side), it's been like this since I converted it to manual a long time ago, I even grinded some metal off the side of my shifter housing to get some more clearance as seen in the photo
it's never really bothered me, but I'd like to work out why its like this, thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230829_212508_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230829_212508_Gallery.jpg
    367 KB · Views: 76

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Hi, Wondering if anyone has come across this problem before in a VP? My gearbox sits a fairbit to the right(drivers side), it's been like this since I converted it to manual a long time ago, I even grinded some metal off the side of my shifter housing to get some more clearance as seen in the photo
it's never really bothered me, but I'd like to work out why its like this, thanks
Bent vehicle? Crook engine mounts? Fubar'd trans crossmember?

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Driveline look straight? If so it's a body problem.

Endz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive
Anyone know If the piece between the crossmember and the gearbox rubber mount has a right and wrong way it goes in? Maybe abit of offset?

grey_hawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Ute, VS V6 snotbox
Don't know for sure,but it was something I was going to suggest that you checked...

grey_hawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Ute, VS V6 snotbox
What was the gearbox out of?

grey_hawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Ute, VS V6 snotbox
Appears there may be a wrong and right way.I've taken a couple of photos of VR cross member and mount area, the piece between the cross member and mount as shown in the second and third picture shows the extension housing sitting to the left (from rear of trans)

Attachments

• IMG_0833.JPG
    IMG_0833.JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0834.JPG
    IMG_0834.JPG
    360.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0835.JPG
    IMG_0835.JPG
    266.1 KB · Views: 60