Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

gearbox that goes straight on?

stock_vl

wh internationals?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl calais 3.0L
need a new gear box quick before the old bastard trys to get an auto!!

he is getting ripped off!!
some stuipd ass mofo is saying that its $1700 for his labour and to get a "reconditioned" auto.

i really want/need a manual!! but then the old bastard is having a sook cause the clutch and the ecu cost also he recons it will be hard as to put clutch in and i do need it done in a 8 days!! =\ shitta!!!

any ideas??
ebay has a celica 5speed he says it will go in commodores toranas and just about everything.. they decent? will it take the crunch?

there is a rebuilt 5speed and engine from queensland somewhere with pedals and the engine though!!! for $550. thats good but postage could be a bitch!!

help help help!!

needs to be done quick as i dont want this shitty bloody auto again!!

Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Crapbox
mate for $550 its a bargain, ive been quoted $750 to $1tonne here in sydney for Flywheel to tailshaft and computer... Sif get reco for $1700, buy another VL for that.

coolngroovy

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ Calais
The auto ecu will work just fine.I can probably find a manual vehicle in mackay for around $700.Juct a simple case of swapping over the whole box & dice.Takes approx 2 days to convert.Hardest part is removing the old spigot bush.

coolngroovy

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ Calais
Just checked the local trading rag, Skyline 87 6cyl unleaded motor & gearbox $600 ph 0749553396.

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
stock_vl said:
need a new gear box quick before the old bastard trys to get an auto!!

he is getting ripped off!!
some stuipd ass mofo is saying that its $1700 for his labour and to get a "reconditioned" auto.

i really want/need a manual!! but then the old bastard is having a sook cause the clutch and the ecu cost also he recons it will be hard as to put clutch in and i do need it done in a 8 days!! =\ shitta!!!

any ideas??
ebay has a celica 5speed he says it will go in commodores toranas and just about everything.. they decent? will it take the crunch?

there is a rebuilt 5speed and engine from queensland somewhere with pedals and the engine though!!! for $550. thats good but postage could be a bitch!!

help help help!!

needs to be done quick as i dont want this shitty bloody auto again!!

That price on the auto, is it drive in drive out?

I was quoted $1850 drive in drive out on a VLT auto, but it is just a standard rebuild, strong auto boxes are over $3000.

Celica 5 speeds are ok, but supra are better.

V

vlrad

Does sound like your car will be able to go round the block - remind me if you ever put a post to sell it on this forum for me to add some comment to your post (like you did mine) that suggest that you may think that the car wouldn/t make it a certain distance - I usually wouldn't care but the time for me to redo the post is wasting my time.

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
vlrad said:
Does sound like your car will be able to go round the block - remind me if you ever put a post to sell it on this forum for me to add some comment to your post (like you did mine) that suggest that you may think that the car wouldn/t make it a certain distance - I usually wouldn't care but the time for me to redo the post is wasting my time.

Who is this post directed at?

stock_vl

wh internationals?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl calais 3.0L
=\ yeh... who the post directed at dude?

V

vlrad

Sorry my last reply was not meant to be in this thread was meant to be a PM for a bloke that added some stuff to my add in another forum - so not directed toward anyone - sorry for clouding the current thread with stuff not relevant