Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

gearbox

Tom.T

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 2 commodore
Hi tell you a little bit what my problem is then got to the point
I own a 2000 WH grange since i bought it there was a problem with shifting into 2nd gear it was harsh engagement in wet weather the wheels would spin and that was at a low speed so i put pi with it, then I notice a lot of oil spill at the rear end of the motor. So i took it to holden in Blacktown and they told me that the rear end oil seal is gone and they told me that the gearbox has to come out for them to fix it.. so i said well seem that you are taking out the box, can you fix my gearbox. so i said go ahead, then they ring me saying that the rear couplings are shot on the diff have to replace them, so i said go ahead.. it cost me a lot of money for the repairs, i picked up me car and now there are issues with the box, still harsh engagement and now when you put it in park there is a loud clunking sound and the car jolts forward took it back to holden and Thay said it normal, So i contacted fair-trading and they even said it is not right, but holden told them that they put in heavy duty parts so nothing was done about it

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
A faulty TPS will give those sort of trans problems.