Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

GEN 3 into vs stato

PRO AERO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN AERO
well its not imposible.and brake up grade is a must for evry high powerd car......and its worth it when you pull up next to a 5ltr and you know you have a gen 3 .....

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Well think of it this way, most of the work has been done already for you, conversion, wiring n stuff.. so ur picking up a car that is very very cheap.

although on the other hand, the conversion may not have been done that well in the first place, and may be a total lemon..

PRO AERO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN AERO
yeah true that hey.goes well thoe...but with the microtech that wont be aloud and neither will surge tank....mite stick to the sky line ...

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
How do you plan on getting it home? If it hasn't been engineered (I can assure you, for that price it hasn't)... then it technically isn't road legal.

If he is getting rid of it for the price of a stock 5l stato, then SOMETHING has to be wrong. Engine costs $5k+, you would need a GENIII trans too, ECU, wiring, installation, etc etc... something is wrong.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
no harm in asking more questions, ask and ask and ask, find out what he's done, where it was done, who has had input into some if any of the work.. if he's willing to hand it over for 10k with road worthy, i'd be taking it! even if he wants another $500, for getting the legalities sorted..
Stay wery, the worst is u say no..
*shrug*

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
yeah true that hey.goes well thoe...but with the microtech that wont be aloud and neither will surge tank....mite stick to the sky line ...

what do you mean the microtech wont be allowed? i got one in my vs and its all legal.

P

puddz

after market computers big no no in sa.

as for the gen3 trans pffft it has a t400 in it already.

i would drive it homewhy not worst thing that could happen is defect.

and mattman i wouldnt pay 10k for a 5ltr stato been there done that 5ltrs are to hard to sell and not owrth the mulla.

i have decided on going a vn for project anyway.