Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

gen 4 in vl

silver88vl

No milk and juice here
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Berlina 5L
Just wondering if the ls2 would fit in a vl. i dont think it would but ive seen a gen 3 in one. i think the ls2 would go off in a vl... & my m8 wants to kno if u can fit the ls2 in a hq ute?

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
you can do anything with the right amount of cash mate...

Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Crapbox
Lol in todays paper (telegraph) there is a truck with 2 12 litre V12's, has two superchargers and 4 turbos and runs nitrous, 2800HP.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
you're not talking about the bandag bullet, are you? if so, it only used to have twin detroit diesel V8's, quad turbo's and two superchargers with nitrous, i think it used to run the quarter in high 13's maybe low 12's...impressive stuff.....

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
oh and regards to the post, i dont think the LS1 and LS2 are of different external dimensions....or are they? would seem silly to change block size for an extra 300cc....

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
vlv8vic's right, with the right amount of cash you could put a Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren V8 into your VL (mind you if anyone hurts one of those god like cars I'll hurt them lol), and easily put a LS2 (essentially a LS1 stroked with some goodies) into there :yeah:

seventh path

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VL RB30 Berlina
i think that they are the relatively the same size and to fit a gen3 you have to do something about the steering rack or something like that....i don't give it long before someone tries to put a ls2 into something that wasn't made for it!!!

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
seventh path said:
i think that they are the relatively the same size and to fit a gen3 you have to do something about the steering rack or something like that....i don't give it long before someone tries to put a ls2 into something that wasn't made for it!!!
Errrr.....like a datsun 1600! woo hoo! :flame:

seventh path

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VL RB30 Berlina
if you had the time and the money....that would be the best fun....light car with plenty of power!!!

B

BendyVL

man, if i can get a 308 in2 a Mazda 121, u can get a LS2 into a VL anyday..