Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gen-F GTS vs AMG A45

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Yeah, but you would struggle to do anything more than drive through the city with 1-2 people in an A Class, same as a VW UP... At least you can take 5 people comfortably with a Commodore, and I agree that they are still a commodore...
Also its the same as your Fabia RS you wanted; where are you going from 26.5 PSI? doubt that the merc has as much left in it tuning wise as a Commodore. Might be wrong...

It depends what you want out of a car but for a large sedan with lots of power for cheap; a Commodore or Falcon will work well, if you want to go fast for lots of money with no room for more than yourself, a A Class might be the way to go.

Dont be bring the Fabia into this, that things the bomb :p

The AMG A45 starts at around $75,000. The GTS is about $25,000 more. And its like you said, it depends what your aiming for.

I'd still buy the AMG over any HSV

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
doubt that the merc has as much left in it tuning wise as a Commodore. Might be wrong...

pretty sure you are wrong. merc usually leave bagloads of engineering in the bank. overengineer everything so youre not coming close to its limits.

or holden: barely engineer everything, then push it to its limits and deal with the warranty issues later.

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 & 2006 Nissan Patrol ST
pretty sure you are wrong. merc usually leave bagloads of engineering in the bank. overengineer everything so youre not coming close to its limits.

or holden: barely engineer everything, then push it to its limits and deal with the warranty issues later.

Was thinking the AMG was designed more like the GTR, engineer everything to the tightest degree to get the most out of all power produced.

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
a cheap piece of crap. not sure if this was an attempt at a dig, but im the first to admit that my car is ****.

anyway mate, youre comparing a true drivers car in every sense of the word to a car designed and built to go fast and make strayians' proud. you ever driven a merc? even the povo-spec C series is streets ahead of any holden.

check out this bling:
733848_10151612342756402_460730755_n.jpg

63896_10151612342711402_674364139_n.jpg

1234198_10151612342646402_1367164114_n.jpg

thats just a shitty S55 Kompressor. still enough car to make me smile. a commodore... not so much.

Driven plenty of mercs.
In fact I actually drive one when im not driving my ute.
I've been a member on the benz forum much longer then I have this one.
Have driven a few 2013 c200 both petrol and diesel and agree they are a very well planted car. I hit a pot hole and popped the tyre in one recenty. Almost didnt even feel it.
Im not saying a holden is as good as a merc, its far from it.
My point was I dont understand why so many active people on a commodore enthusiast forum bag them out and call them cheap crap ect...

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
Was thinking the AMG was designed more like the GTR, engineer everything to the tightest degree to get the most out of all power produced.
Ported heads, headers, exhaust and tune will see you running 10's @ ~130mph.

You've got to remember in other countries these amg's are to them, what our falcodores are.
Plenty of after market parts/tuners. Brabus and kleeman are to big names that come to mind.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
I'm impressed with both cars

Impressed with the AMG, that a 2L turbo in a full sized heavy sedan can offer such a close challenge to a supercharged 6.2L sedan down a straight line.
Likewise I'm impressed that a Holden can beat an AMG. Yes it has a supercharged engine over 3 x the capacity. But compared to the AMG engine, it's jurassic technology and the car weighs around 400kg more.

Well done Holden/HSV, well done AMG.
Which car would I choose ? Neither. I'm happy with my VH SS, it's a piece of crap in comparison to either of these cars, but it has what those cars lack - soul :)

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
Not taking away from your vh but Mercedes lack soul?
Do you know the brands history?

Last edited:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
lol - haters gonna hate. Somehow I think most of the kickers on this site that say a XYZ is better will own exactly none of XYZ car or a GTS. Had a proper look at a GTS today and would be happy to own one.