Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

general holden question

Status
Not open for further replies.

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
Yeah, i heard the rate for supercharged boost is about $34.50/KW - was only about $10/KW when i bought mine GOD DAMN INFLATION.

Seriously, Not one VZ was factory supercharged or turbocharged so i'm not sure what pulley you're going to change for more boost. The raptor ~10psi kit costs about $6000 all up.

CAI, panel filter and spark plugs are a good idea providing the kilometers on the said car are relatively high, extractors maybe down the track yes. I wouldn't bother with the charger at this point in time, by the sounds of it you're probably going to get bored with this car and buy something quicker anyway.

on another note, it's you're.

BoNeZ-01

"..of mice and men.."
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 50th Anniversary
The best I can think of for you, would be to keep the VZ until you get your P's.
Then maybe think about trading it in, or selling it, to buy a car that already has a s/c or turbo fitted to it?
Then you can set the boost and other mods however you like. :)

destiny

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ
i recon ill do the small mods i can now and try keep the sleeper look, untill i get a full licences, then ill try get v8 ve or a s15

destiny

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ
i do appriciate that im getting a vz when im on my l's, and i have driven it before a couple of times, but whats wrong with a bit of extra performance?
its like me telling you guys that you have fast cars when thier stock and thats enough powerfor you and you cant modd them, you guys certainly wouldnt appriciate me tell you that, and i dont appriciate you guys tell me that.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
mate boost relates to the amount of pressure a supercharger or turbo produces - and unfortunately a factory Alloytec isn't available with any of these goodies. So unless you have a spare few thousand $$ to spend, then scrap the boost idea and stick with atmospheric pressure ie naturally aspirated.

however, the other mods you mentioned are easily achievable on an Alloytec V6. Instead of a pod filter, replace the factory air filter with a K&N panel filter in conjunction with the CAI

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
To the trolls.

Answer the OP, or do not post.

Be grateful half of you did not receive infractions.

If it continues, I will change that outcome.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
custom cold air intake - just do 2 hole mod
k n n pod filter - easy
probly upgrade the spark plugs - dont waste your time
extractors - might aswell go exhaust also then
10psi boost upgrade hopefully if i have the money - not even applicable to alloytec....

destiny

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ
thank you minux finally some order

@ tvr, why no spark plugs?

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
It's not ok to express my opinion on this forum to someone that want's to break the law what's the world coming to?
Yet it's ok to post a thread asking people to help them break the law that makes sense.

So in other word's it's not okay to tell this person that they are not smart, as it might hurt there feeling's.

But it's okay to ask for help on how to break the law possibly seriously injuring or killing someone by driving a to powerful car with little or no experience.

I thought this forum did not approve of illegal behavior whether or not it's being committed now or later

Oh and to show that I am doing the right thing (take your spare tire + the cover and the jack out of the boot keep your car on a quarter of a tank of PULP always + tape up all the gaps on your car it will work wonders.)

Last edited:

destiny

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ
It's not ok to express my opinion on this forum to someone that want's to break the law what's the world coming to?
Yet it's ok to post a thread asking people to help them break the law that makes sense.

So in other word's it's not okay to tell this person that they are not smart, as it might hurt there feeling's.

But it's okay to ask for help on how to break the law possibly seriously injuring or killing someone by driving a to powerful car with little or no experience.

I thought this forum did not approve of illegal behavior whether or not it's being committed now or later

Oh and to show that I am doing the right thing (take your spare tire + the cover and the jack out of the boot keep your car on a quarter of a tank of PULP always + tape up all the gaps on your car it will work wonders.

i dont think i could take the spare tire out in case i pop one "showing off", also are you serious bout the quater tank of fuel, i also dont think i could do that either in case i get chased by the 5-0, theres no time to stop at a petrol station nd fuel up

Status
Not open for further replies.