Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

General Mechanic or Holden?

Keegzzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Calais
So my cars having issues with it's power, I've changed several things to try and fix this like spark plugs and leads, anyways I was planning on checking the fuel pump but I'd rather not fiddle with it and make the issue worse... Anyways I was wandering is it better to take my car into holden or just my usual mechanic?

franklinfrog

Reaction score
Website
www.cheapbrisbanebikes.com
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon 5.7 Auto Wikid Postie Bike
Never ever take it to holden. Unless you're under warrantyor have a god damn money tree.

It's a commodore, any mechanic should be all over it.

But, do not fear, just commodores is here. What power problems? Misfiring? Sluggish? Too much power? Running rough? Under acceleration, idle or all the time? Give us symptoms and you'll get solutions.

Keegzzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Calais
Yeah that's what I was thinking, it's a 98 vt Calais, started a few days ago, it's acceleration stutters when taking off fast (not that I do floor it) and at any given time when accelerating, it comes and goes, one minute it's running fine then the next it'll be stuttering. It seems as though the fuel is getting clogged somewhere though I've no idea..

nyteshyft

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Series II Commodore Sportswagon
Try some injector cleaner and replacing your fuel filter and/or your fuel pump.
Check the vacuum hose that goes from the underside of the throttle body to the back of the engine to see if it has any cracks in it. If it does, replace it.

franklinfrog

Reaction score
Website
www.cheapbrisbanebikes.com
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon 5.7 Auto Wikid Postie Bike
Check your air intake pipes for loose clamps or gaps. As your engine twists a bit it could be opening up gaps. While you're at it might want to give your throttle body and air filter a clean.

As mentioned, check little vacuum hoses carefully for any cracks or perished plastic.

Definitely throw in a new fuel filter.I would think the fuel pump might be fine as it's rare for them to stop and start. They either work or they don't usually.

Is fuel consumption normal? If it's only just happened you could just have a terrible tank of fuel.

Keegzzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Calais
Thanks for the input, ill get right on it, and as for fuel consumption it has been using a fair bit more. Considering it only started 2 days ago and I've used about half a tank and only driven 3ish hours.

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
Thanks for the input, ill get right on it, and as for fuel consumption it has been using a fair bit more. Considering it only started 2 days ago and I've used about half a tank and only driven 3ish hours.

Ha ha ha, I can use a whole tank in 3 hours