Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Genuine Holden Sat Nav

Lord-Data

Reaction score
Website
www.VIDGuide.com
Members Ride
Impulse Blue VE SV6
Any ideas if there is a similar bezel to suit a VT? (sorry, I know, wrong forum, but this is one of very few GPS threads on here, thought it was worth a shot.)

Muffinman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
ChrisJ said:
Attached is a photo. I needed to make an adapter between the bezel and the Navman.

What did you use & how did you make up the adapter for your Navman 520???
Looks great.

ChrisJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V & VZ Storm Ute
I used a piece of 6mm timber. I cut it to surround the Navman, painted it matt black and glued it to the back of the bezel (which is flat). The bezel then just clips in to the dash.

If you have got the skill the adapter could be made of plastic or fibreglass.

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
Marks-VY said:
This is a shot of the Tom Tom with Phreddy's blue dash set up. It is normally a better blue at night although the GPS did not have a signal when I took the photo in the garage so it was a different blue to normal.

I never grow tired of looking at the Phreddy mod..... It's SO good and SO professional looking. And where you have mounted the Tom Tom is FAR MORE practicle than the factory location. Who wants to be looking down past the gear knob for directions? On the dash keeps your vision up and someone on the road... A very nice setup. Any chance of an ouside daylight pic too mate?

Also, nice hood ornament but how does the sleeping kid handle wind at higher speeds and not role off when cornering. He must be a deep sleeper ;) lol Or maybe you just went through a school zone on your way home and didn't notice... hahaha. Ok sorry, not a tasteful joke, but funny! :p

squire_j

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Turismo Blue 2005 VZ Storm Panelvan
Marks-VY said:
This is a shot of the Tom Tom with Phreddy's blue dash set up. It is normally a better blue at night although the GPS did not have a signal when I took the photo in the garage so it was a different blue to normal.

did anyone else notice where the right head light shines onto the wall, it looks like half a face?

kinda freaky in a 3 men and a baby kinda way.

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
squire_j said:
did anyone else notice where the right head light shines onto the wall, it looks like half a face?.

Sorry to ruin it for ya but that is a mounted Marilyn Monroe poster, moved to the garage when I got married (no, it was not originally stuck to the bedroom ceiling....). It is on the floor leaning against the wall..:p

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
squire_j said:
did anyone else notice where the right head light shines onto the wall, it looks like half a face?

kinda freaky in a 3 men and a baby kinda way.

lol yeah - read my post... bottom of page 1.

jaisvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VZ SV6
Haha ,yeah i noticed it too! I was staring at it zoomed in thinking... wtf? I Thought it maybe was a reflection of a child in the back seat or something... looked strange anyhow!