Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Genuine Manta???

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
luv the bit of wood holding up the bonnet

VX Exec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
luv the bit of wood holding up the bonnet

Apparently the struts are prone to failing. My uncles a mechanic and he does it, my mates a mechanic and he does it so I guess it's true lol

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
its about a VT in the VT section..

This is ture but as someone already said they thought you wanted to buy it as I would have to, so to help out a fellow memeber they spent 1/2 an hour finding the differences for you, for you to say I dont care.... if you had said that in the opening post I bet you would have got 0 responses.

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
I found this..
.. Looks like a calais/berlina with a manta bodykit..don't think it's a genuine manta..

Almost convinced its the early version of Holden By Design. 1995-97 VS and earlier models were "enhanced" by HSV (Calais, Statesman, Caprice, SS, Berlina) with additions like the Manta (SS) skirts, bigger brakes, spoilers, sunroof, interior trim etc. It was known as HSV Enhanced and was just a list of options offered by HSV on a standard Holden.

My guess is that being a 1997 VT, one of the first off the assembly line, it was before HBD was established (1998 if I remember correctly). The options on the HSV plate, SBK and SWI(?) are very similar to HBD option codes; SBK is Sedan Body Kit (ie. Manta front, rear, side skirts). SWX, SWC and SWS are codes for the rear spoiler options, so assumption is the second one is the Manta spoiler.