Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Genuine or non-genuine

afriaus43

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 commodore VE 3lt omega wagon
As i need to do a service on the 6speed auto trans of my 2010 ve commodore , is it better use genuine parts (filter , oil pan gasket and oil) or non genuine ? - we bought this car 2nd hand from a dealer in Adelaide, had about 80k when we got it , is now on 120k and have had it about 6yrs - it's a daily drive for my wife and we've only ever done a couple of "long" trips with it (longest was when we brought it back from adelaide) - we had a problem with it then - the thermostat housing was leaking and this was done under the used car lot warranty ( I tried to get it done through the local Holden dealer but the car dealer didn't want to pay that price) , so it was done "elsewhere" - i paid for the parts , (which i thought would be genuine but they couldn't get ) and genuine coolant - i think they removed the auto trans to do the job (or so i was told , as it took a couple of days to do the work) - it's been serviced (oil penrite 5w40 and genuine filter every 6 months)

timd29

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V S1 International 6.0
For oil, filter and gasket, just get quality items of the correct spec. Keep an eye out for sales.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I purchased a kit for mine [6ltr] recently from SparesBox for $140 inc free delivery
1 x Ryco Transmission Filter RTK178 Filter
and
2 x Penrite ATF LV Multi Vehicle Automatic Transmission Fluid 4L .