Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Genuine VZ Binnacle Gauge Install (Complete)

RayNixon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
So i brought a second SS cluster with green LEDs and the same instrument dials that are in my cluster. I swapped the dials so they match the fuel and temp dial. I also swapped the white LEDs out for Green ones to match.

finally happy with everything. oil pressure gauge working and reading accurate (as far as i can tell). happy with the end result.

next mission is to put a cosmos purple monaro cluster in. i want to retain the SS and V8 logos in the cluster, so im planing on cutting the centre two faces out and gluing them together behind the cluster face rings so i have monaro purple outside faces and original ss inside faces. honestly, i don't why i even bother.

IMG_2809.jpg

Ed Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais S2
So i brought a second SS cluster with green LEDs and the same instrument dials that are in my cluster. I swapped the dials so they match the fuel and temp dial. I also swapped the white LEDs out for Green ones to match.

finally happy with everything. oil pressure gauge working and reading accurate (as far as i can tell). happy with the end result.

next mission is to put a cosmos purple monaro cluster in. i want to retain the

Ed Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais S2
Hi Ray, are you offering a service to convert Vz binnacle gauges to work like yours in a VY? Please let me know how much to do mine. Regards. Ed

RayNixon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
Yes I am mate. I’ll send you a message. I have a few options. Not a simple flat price.

RayNixon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
as a matter of interest. I picked up a diagnostic cable from envyous customs. The oil gauge reads 100% accurate to the OEM LS1 oil pressure reading from the ECU.

Ed Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais S2
Hi Ray, I forgot to mention my vy is a v6. The gauge mod might not work the same as it does on a v8. Not sure if oil pressure is different. Thanks for messaging prices on various kit options. Regards E

RayNixon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
This will work perfectly fine with any engine. My kits does not care what engine you have.

realmadmick

Reaction score
Members Ride
three commodores
hi ray can you send the info about the vz to vy gauges thanks

Iicudigi

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 vy wagon.
Hi Ray.
came across your posts. Can you mod my vz gauges to suit vy.
thanks

glen