Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Genuine VZ police pads?

tja_bot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais A4
Discs

I know this is off subject but can anyone recommend what are a good set of discs for a vz SV6?

Car has 70,000kms and already gone through 2 sets of front discs due to the discs warping.

VzSS06

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz SS Gen4
Ive got a set (front and rears) of the QFM police pads still new in box.I bought them for my VZ SS but before i got round to fitting them i purchased a set of HSV 4 piston brakes so if anyone is after a complete set at a slightly reduced price just PM me.Oh and i still have the receipt from GSL Rallysport to go with them.
At present my car has the bendix ultimates(as i havent fitted the 4 pistons yet) and they are a pain!!!

Jase_81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S V6 LPG
I had bendix police pads on my car and I found that they are good but take to long to warm up. I brought genuine police brake pads from holden that cover the whole backing pad and they work fantasic only cost $100 and have less dust than bendix. I also have slotted discs which help alittle.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
hey Jase, can I please have the part number for those pads.

guys, this is where my concern comes into it with the QFM's. They leave brake dust on both cars we have them fitted too.

Here is my rim, photo taken on Saturday morning. I travelled down to Canberra, then to Bathurst, then back. Overall it was okay, had some brake dust but nothing you can notice on the photos. If you look at the photo at the top left you can see where I ran my finger over the rim once I got back from Bathurst.

Then I had the car in peak hour traffic for 4 days ... you can see the results.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...-police-spec-performance-brake-pads-after.jpg

I washed the Adventra on Sunday and cleaned the rims. Now I'll admit around the rim where tyre meets rim is covered in crap where I missed it, but the face of the rims were spotless.

I went down the road to fill it with fuel, so only a block away. Came back and its been sprayed with a light black dust ...

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...lice-spec-performance-brake-pads-adventra.jpg

I understand softer pad = better performance = quicker stop = more dust but Ive been told by so many people these pads are dust free or close too, only to have this happen ...

Last edited:

vz 914

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE HSV GTS , VZ UTE, VL GROUP A
Try Ultra Performance Components in Melbourne , this guy is a brake Guru does a pad with the same contact area as police spec pads but the compound is the same as what BMW use and NO Heavy Dust.

Tony Ewards is the guys name PH 97239924

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
thanks, but I'm gonna stick to the genuine Holden pad if it has the same "police spec" contact area because we've never had an issue with the genuine pads.

Only reason is I work for BMW, I wouldnt say their pads are much better :whistling

Jase_81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S V6 LPG
Sorry dont have the part number. If you contact your local dealer and ask for police pads I m sure they ll give you details. Also this pads are good and reasonably priced but they are harsh on the rotors. I got approx 40,000 out of my rotors and X2 set of pads on bendix pads. But come to think about it I am happy to lose life of the rotors to gain better brake preformance.