Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

George's Atomic SV6

Atomic G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute
Been lurking on here for age now. Owned it for 2 years now, better late than never I guess!

Name: George

Model: SV6 SIDI Ute

Year: 2010 Series one

Colour: Atomic

Engine Type: 3.6L SIDI(LLT)

Engine Mods: MACE Tune, MACE 6mm Manifold Insulator, MACE/VCM OTR, Elite Catchcan

Exhaust: Hurricane high flow cats and catback

Gearbox: 6 Speed Auto

Future Mods: White line sway bars and strut brace, Eibach springs, blistein shocks, brakes, VCM insert panels

200023_120679254672881_4016482_n.jpg

After clay bar

IMAG0335.jpg

photo_zps46b9618e.jpg

Last edited:

dmacey

Somebody, make me upset
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Series II Sedan Manual & a VK in the build
I like your mod list mate,

Good luck with the process, will change the car!

Dave

Atomic G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute

Extractors go on next Wednesday :) Than Mace will do the revised tune for the OTR

GSHSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SV6 Series II
Nice ute mate! Looking to do the same with mine, got the vcm sitting at home waiting to be put on..

Did you install the extractors yourself?

Geoff

Atomic G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute
Thanks mate.

No I didn't. From what I was told the stock exhaust manifold is a PITA to remove.. The extractors where easy to install. I just kept the stock cats as you're not going to see much gains putting high flow cats on a V6, if it were a V8 I would of(if you're going to install the cams I would probably recommend a high flow cat). The Stock cat housing had to be modified to be used with the new extractors though. Either pipe coming off the housing had to be cut to length and the flange re-welded as a result the cats sit higher up in the engine bay.

Overall the sound is louder and clearer/cleaner if that makes sense. It pulls better throughout the rev range, a lot more go at higher revs now as well. I won't see the full gains from everything I've done till I get the tune revised.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Future Mods sound good. I like that colour.

Atomic G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute
Yeah I've been slack, had some stuff going on.

As far as updates:

• Extractors
• Hurricane High Flow Cats and exhaust
• Catch Can fitted
• Tune hasn't been revised :( BUT goes in tomorrow for a custom dyno tune! :) No idea what it will make.

I'd like to get some braided lines for the catch can. I'm also getting a better bracket engineered. I also got bored and started to polish my intake manifold.

photo_zps46b9618e.jpg

Hasn't been any photos of the exterior, mainly due to not having a decent camera available. My new sports armour should be here tomorrow(should have been Wednesday) so I'll install that and get some pictures!

Pretty pumped for tomorrow. I also found out that I was excepted into Mechanical Engineering, it's been a pretty good week! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Exhaust sounds killer, good list of mods. Is CHE doing the tuning? Sports armour makes the front end look intense. Congratulations on Mechanical engineering too btw!!