Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

George's Atomic SV6

Atomic G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute
Exhaust sounds killer, good list of mods. Is CHE doing the tuning? Sports armour makes the front end look intense. Congratulations on Mechanical engineering too btw!!

Thanks

No, someone that is local can tune them! Beats driving 5 hours! I already have sports armour(from factory), it was damaged... Long story short I parked somewhere that I parked everyday, only difference was I had a passenger. Was about 2mm lower than usual and was low enough to pull it off one side and damage the plastic, but nothing else was marked.

Thanks again, I think it will suit me a bit better than medicine!

Nice SV6 dude!

Thanks man!

Last edited:

Dannyp

8ball
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS UTE
Mate that sounds tough! The green is definately eye catching. Whats next on the list?

Atomic G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute
Mate that sounds tough! The green is definately eye catching. Whats next on the list?

Thanks! Next I'd like to get it handling more like I want it to. Sway bars, springs, shocks and brakes(just like some DBA rotors and better pads) will get me closer to what I want.
Wheels would be nice as well, something like staggered fit Vertini Magics would be nice.. I'm just not sure if I will seeing that I start uni in less than a month. Not doing anymore in
performance... Maybe F/I when it's possible!

VS-S

Fruiterer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S
Beautiful colour! May I suggest taking the SV6 and SIDI badges off to clean the rear end?

Dannyp

8ball
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS UTE
That all sounds good mate. I would love to do some handling stuff to mine aswell. Although i was suprised how much of a difference springs n shocks made plus 20's. was a massive difference. Haha im sure uni wouldnt help the budget, not in the beginning anyway :p

Atomic G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute
Beautiful colour! May I suggest taking the SV6 and SIDI badges off to clean the rear end?

Thanks! Maybe when I'm off my P's. Terrible amount of debadged SV6's get pulled over by the boys in blue here. They make you pop the bonnets. I don't really want to have to explain the OTR, exhaust, ect :p

That all sounds good mate. I would love to do some handling stuff to mine aswell. Although i was suprised how much of a difference springs n shocks made plus 20's. was a massive difference. Haha im sure uni wouldnt help the budget, not in the beginning anyway :p

Maybe you should have a look a Whiteline sway bars. GSL RallySport stock them(forum sponsor). I've heard it makes a huge difference and are relatively inexpensive, around the $500 mark for front and rear I believe.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Hey George, check out BMR suspension or UMI suspension. I know BMR make sway bars for the G8. And occasionally have a 15% off sale. I'm planning on BMR or UMI toe rods and trailing arms next sale they have. Should be able to land both sway bars for $350 if you're lucky.

All I did in mine was replace the front sway bar and on the rear I swapped the sway bar to one out of a Sedan, they are much thicker than ours in the ute.

Dannyp

8ball
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS UTE
Thanks for the advice fellas. Sway bars have also been on my mind for a while. My mate has a new jetta and got front and rear done and the thing is like a go kart now

Atomic G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute
Hey George, check out BMR suspension or UMI suspension. I know BMR make sway bars for the G8. And occasionally have a 15% off sale. I'm planning on BMR or UMI toe rods and trailing arms next sale they have. Should be able to land both sway bars for $350 if you're lucky.

All I did in mine was replace the front sway bar and on the rear I swapped the sway bar to one out of a Sedan, they are much thicker than ours in the ute.

Thanks for that! I'll check them out! I'd like to buy everything and get it all done at one time, hasn't been logistically possible yet, but maybe I could get it done while I'm away at uni.
Going to suck not having my car :/