Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

get rid of it or not?

71xu1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac
hi everyone

i have had a mafless tune done on my VT V6 for about 6 months now. when they had done the tune they left the maf sensor still on the air intake but not plugged in. and ive been told by a few people that i should get rid of it because it is restricting the air flow, just wanting to know if i should do this or is it ok just to leave it on there??

Thanks...

alpha_au

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss
If its there but not plugged in, I don't see why you couldn't remove it?

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Take it out. It does restrict the airflow. But don't chuck it. It may come in handy.
Probably 2 reasons they didn't take it out.
1) Too lazy.
2) Didn't have any ducting to make up for the MAF assembly if they removed it.

sleepinvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
99" vt berlina
pull it out.......theres a 4" air ducting and MAF relocator (for supercharged applications) on a few websites going for $104 i believe.......with a MAFless tune, id pull out your MAf, go to your local hardware shop, get a bigger induction pipe and run it as a 1 piece assembly, from your filter to the throttle body....the MAF is a restriction in the intake process, heads being the next major restriction......after that, id go a 69mm TB, and all the other goodies