Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

getrag solid conversion problems HAALP!

royinthegreyshirt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs dunga ute
Hi everyone. I'm having problems. I'm using a stock ecotec t5 flywheel, a getrag clutch and a t5 pressure plate on a getrag gearbox. After getting the flywheel, clutch and pressure plate on the engine and bolted up the gearbox. Hand cranked the engine (to make sure everything is sweet) and found that the outside of the pressure plate is hitting the getrag bell housing when I crank the engine. What have I done wrong? Help!

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
could it be that you are using t5 gear in the getrag box?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Have you tried using the Getrag pressure plate? Actuation will probably be wrong for the T5 pressure plate anyway as it was a cable clutch.

royinthegreyshirt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs dunga ute
Have you tried using the Getrag pressure plate? Actuation will probably be wrong for the T5 pressure plate anyway as it was a cable clutch.

The getrag pressure plate is half an inch smaller then the getrag flywheel. I'd have to drill out bolt holes for the pressure plate to be bolted to it. You live, you learn, you waste money.