Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

getrag tailshaft on solid rear vs

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
That's what he's questioning. There's no CV joint, fixed joint where the 2 pieces join and a uni joint, only the rear rubber coupler to take all the strain/movement.
The length imo plays a small part, the changing angle between the diff flange and tail shaft would be more of a concern..... when it doesn't really move on an irs system.

If you have the room and a good mechanical knowledge it wouldn't be hard to make and balance it your own tail shaft https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm7DhP3M4AA it's all pretty basic

Sorry I didnt say it but it does have a cv but Im a bit sus on it as it looks like it was from 2 different cars as when I got it it had the allen head bolts slightly loose on the cv and the 2 shafts looked different shades of black. The mount on the cv had the bracket bent down a bit which I straightened ...Just dont want it mounted up and find the tailshaft sus

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Oops, got my shafts mixed up, the way you described it sounded like a later model (as said the movement is in the cv joint to account for the change in length from the diff) if it's lowered then take the spacers out of the center bearing support to correct the angle, wouldn't hurt to get it balanced if you're suspect of it and atleast then it can be spun up and find other problems without having to rip it out of the car and immobilising it later.

Last edited: