Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Getting a louder note out of vz sv6

1FATVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
Sup guys,
about a month ago i got a redback 2 1/4 sports exhaust fitted onto my 05 vz sv6, im planning on doing the extractors and cats in a couple of months, the car has a good note to it but i was wondering if there was anyway of getting a louder note from it. I know theres the option of removing the rear resonator but is this possible to do from the redback system and will my exhaust place do it? Alternatively will the extractors/high flow cats make a difference when i get around to doing em?

Thanks guys :)

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
The alloytec's sound awful when they are really loud.

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
extractors will make a reasonable differerence, use the search function, plenty of threads on the subject

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Excessive exhaust noise = defect notice = hoon driving - ppossibility of car being impounded. Remember : Any (ANY) modification(s), unless approved to ADR standards, that change/alter/modify any aspect of your vehicle from the ADR standards/requirements that existed at the time of manufacture of your vehicle are ILLEGAL.

QldKev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina - GENIII
Agree with the others, nothing worse than a screaming 6.
Yes extractors and cats will make it louder; it just depends on how much louder you want it. If you want the most noise go 100CPI cats.

QldKev

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
Agree with the others, nothing worse than a screaming 6.

QldKev

Not all 6's are like this. The Golf R32's V6 sounds magnificent!!!

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Excessive exhaust noise = defect notice = hoon driving - ppossibility of car being impounded. Remember : Any (ANY) modification(s), unless approved to ADR standards, that change/alter/modify any aspect of your vehicle from the ADR standards/requirements that existed at the time of manufacture of your vehicle are ILLEGAL.

When will you get off your high horse? The only contribution you make to the forum lately is telling people if they change anything on their car, it's illegal. Everyone knows most mods they do are 'technically illegal', it's how you flaunt them that draws attention from the wrong people. FFS go and play with your totally 100% stock car and let everyone else enjoy what they love doing, modding their cars.

V8Silverfox

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 VZ SS A4
When will you get off your high horse? The only contribution you make to the forum lately is telling people if they change anything on their car, it's illegal. Everyone knows most mods they do are 'technically illegal', it's how you flaunt them that draws attention from the wrong people. FFS go and play with your totally 100% stock car and let everyone else enjoy what they love doing, modding their cars.

+1 from me :)

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black

+2 all i ever see is defect this defect that, we know already

calay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
agreed...

extractors should make it loud enough with the 2.25