Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Getting more potential

DavoVP

Reaction score
Its a holden V6, Either boost it or buy an 8, They are the only two ways to get decent power from a V6 without breaking the bank and spending stupid amounts of money on it.

Vr wagz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr wagon
extractors, cams, tune = reasonable gains

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Define reasonable?

Probably no change from 10k with those mods installed for how much hp!

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Lets not turn this into another "buy a v8 or get forced induction" thread.

As said before, diff gears will perk it right up.

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
Just buy a v8 already. Lol

DavoVP

Reaction score
Lets not turn this into another "buy a v8 or get forced induction" thread.

As said before, diff gears will perk it right up.

To what end ? I used to have dreams of making a V6 go fast but after tinkering with one for years and wasting countless dollars for little to no gain I woke up to reality.

If you want a fast 6 in the holdens you need to force feed it. Just ask delcowizard he will say boost makes it all good :D

If this guy likes the vz shape he would honestly be better off driving it until he is off his P's and buying a ss in the VZ range, Buying a set of dart heads , A nice big bump stick, A fast fuel manifold rails and injectors, Going maffless and getting a decent tune. Or adding boost and seeing some jaw dropping numbers.

490rwhp all day every day naturally aspirated.

Im sorry guys, I used to be a member of the V6 brigade my self, But there comes a time when you realize that they just are not worth it. Look at ford they found the correct solution for there 6's as well...........Booooooooossssssssssttttttttttt

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
^^^^About time, somebody with some sense and a brain.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
The sensible thing to do is not spend money on performance upgrades on any sort of car. So 'sense' is a very objective thing when it comes to cars.

If he wants a bit more go out of his motor, plenty of small bolt ons will make it a heaps nicer car to drive. If he wants serious power, forced induction or looking at another car is an option.

If he wants a fast NA V6, well good on him, not many around. Just be aware that it will cost more money. Really depends on your goals. If we all had the same V8, the car scene would be very boring. 80% of "modded' street cars are boring as it is now anyway.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Ok still new to this modifying business and I am wanting to get more power, both torque and horsepower out of my 2004 Vz exec. So far all I have done to it is a growler cold air intake, new exhaust system and lowered on low kings, but I still feel like my car has more potential.

My exhaust I recieved from a relative was 2 1/2" pacemaker headers, 2 1/2" aftermarket cats onto a 2 1/4" catback dual exhaust system.

It feels like my car has turned more sluggish and I don't know what's should do to get more potential from my car, keep in mind still on p plates so supercharging is not an option for a little while.

Any ideas would be great!

The best option would be to spend as little moddind your car now, save for a turbo or supercharger kit for it. Or buy a V8 and build it up on the side.
You can still mod your car now, but get things that will work with the turbo or supercharger in the future (if you go down that road).

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
To what end ? I used to have dreams of making a V6 go fast but after tinkering with one for years and wasting countless dollars for little to no gain I woke up to reality.

If you want a fast 6 in the holdens you need to force feed it. Just ask delcowizard he will say boost makes it all good :D

If this guy likes the vz shape he would honestly be better off driving it until he is off his P's and buying a ss in the VZ range, Buying a set of dart heads , A nice big bump stick, A fast fuel manifold rails and injectors, Going maffless and getting a decent tune. Or adding boost and seeing some jaw dropping numbers.

490rwhp all day every day naturally aspirated.

Im sorry guys, I used to be a member of the V6 brigade my self, But there comes a time when you realize that they just are not worth it. Look at ford they found the correct solution for there 6's as well...........Booooooooossssssssssttttttttttt

Mate, the guy just asked how to get the car to pick up better.

And he said he's on his P's, so giving him a big shopping list for a V8 is a waste of time.