Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Getting my Sons Driver Hours up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
In regards to the Letterbox incident if the car was able to be driven afterwards we would have tried again! Brendan is a fantastic kid and always has been and he was incredibly sorry after the letterbox incident, but you can't blame my wife and I being a little nervous trying again considering the Lexus had to be towed away!

Your Lexus had to be towed away after backing into a letterbox? Were you trying yo teach him a J turn or something? Either that or they make Lexus' out of cardboard!

The car was reversed into a large solid rendered Brick letterbox at speed! The rear of the car was in a terrible state and the right rear wheel was bent into the car thus making it UN-DRIVE-ABLE!!!! For the millionth time we dont give a #### about the Lexus! We care about him! Just image if he had hit the letterbox in a little old shitbox.... I can guarantee you it was quite a scare and the thought of the Letterbox being a person or another car was a scary though so your opinion is completely irrelevant!

What on earth were you thinking trying to teach him to reverse at speed? For the record, brick structures (walls, letterboxes, etc) have very very little lateral strength. They have huge amounts of vertical strength but won't hold up laterally for very long. Combined with the fact that a letterbox is relatively small, displacing it wouldn't take a whole lot of effort and certainly not enough to bend a wheel hub on a car! I've seen what you're describing happen. A solid brick letterbox on concrete foundation backed into by a Mazda Astina. The letterbox went flying off its foundations into the street where it fell over and broke apart. The Astina suffered a bit of a scuff mark to it's rear plastic bumper. So yeah, imagine what would have happened to your son had he not been wrapped in cotton wool and driving a old shitbox, like say a solid steel & aluminium Datsun 120Y or something!

There's just so much about this whole thread that makes NO SENSE! Are there really people out there that are this ridiculously over-protective of their teenage children? I can only imagine the reaction from the teenager at being treated like a 3 year old!

Last edited:

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
The moral of the thread is if you have any tips please share if not ship off!!

Clearly you don't understand the idea of a forum. It's not a platform for you to pose a question or seek an opinion then tell anyone who disagrees or opposes you to be quiet. If you can't handle the heat then don't post.

Obviously you refuse to acknowledge that you don't have enough faith in your child to let him drive your car. That's fine, we can all read what you typed. Your son is not allowed to drive your car because he pranged it. You are only ready to take him out now, your words, because he has his own car. If you had all this faith and confidence in his ability why hasn't he driven your car lately? Answer:

Neither my wife or Myself are game to let him drive our cars again

me&myVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Rufys we were reversing out of the driveway and he missed the brake for the accelerator and plowed into it. The letter box is certainly not small and caused substantial damage!
Your Lexus had to be towed away after backing into a letterbox? Were you trying yo teach him a J turn or something? Either that or they make Lexus' out of cardboard!

What on earth were you thinking trying to teach him to reverse at speed? For the record, brick structures (walls, letterboxes, etc) have very very little lateral strength. They have huge amounts of vertical strength but won't hold up laterally for very long. Combined with the fact that a letterbox is relatively small, displacing it wouldn't take a whole lot of effort and certainly not enough to bend a wheel hub on a car!

I think you would be surprised, Because it happened!

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Rufys we were reversing out of the driveway and he missed the brake for the accelerator and plowed into it.

I find this hard to believe, unless of course there's some sort of handicap we're not aware of.

me&myVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
It's not something to be opposed and disagreed about!! It was a thread to get tips on teaching my son to drive!!
If I had such little confidence in my Son would I have let him get a brand new car? No! ....How dare you make accusations on my parenting skills! My cars are much more powerful and much more expensive then the Cruze! I trust he wouldn't damage the Lexus again but imagine if he did! -How would he feel then? Like a failure, thats how! I work very hard to put my son through school and I am heavily involved in his sporting endeavors and I have a fantastic relationship with my son and so does my Wife, so how dare you! It's people like you that make it pointless to post on Forums because all you want to do is tell it how it is even if you have no Idea of what you are even talking about!

Clearly you don't understand the idea of a forum. It's not a platform for you to pose a question or seek an opinion then tell anyone who disagrees or opposes you to be quiet. If you can't handle the heat then don't post.

Obviously you refuse to acknowledge that you don't have enough faith in your child to let him drive your car. That's fine, we can all read what you typed. Your son is not allowed to drive your car because he pranged it. You are only ready to take him out now, your words, because he has his own car. If you had all this faith and confidence in his ability why hasn't he driven your car lately? Answer:

me&myVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
You can believe what you like, I had a smashed Lexus and a part missing letterbox to prove it!
I find this hard to believe, unless of course there's some sort of handicap we're not aware of.

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
My cars are much more powerful and much more expensive then the Cruze! I trust he wouldn't damage the Lexus again but imagine if he did!

Lexus IS350 - 114kw
Cruze - 104kw

PHWOAR!!!! Feel the power!!! Those 10 kilowasps will unleash hell. Not to mention what happens when V-Tec kicks in yo!

It's people like you that make it pointless to post on Forums because all you want to do is tell it how it is even if you have no Idea of what you are even talking about!

LOL!!! That's amusing because I've read everything you've said. :D

me&myVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Did you get your kick? Feel better now you got your raise? #### off mate, your pathetic!

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Did you get your kick? Feel better now you got your raise? #### off mate, your pathetic!

...Telling another member to "#### off" Will not solve the fact that you can't man up an teach your son to drive.

Poor form me&myvz, Poor form...

me&myVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
CANT MAN UP AND TEACH MY SON TO DRIVE? FOR ####S SAKE THATS THE POINT OF THIS THREAD TO GET TIPS ON TAKING HIM OUT TO GET HIS HOURS UP!! How about you read the thread over and get yourself onto the same page instead of being an arrogant prick!

...Telling another member to "#### off" Will not solve the fact that you can't man up an teach your son to drive.

Poor form me&myvz, Poor form...

Status
Not open for further replies.