Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Getting my Sons Driver Hours up

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
FFS, give the OP a break, i would be pissed too if i was paying good money for an instructor who didn't do their job properly & teaching good techniques and proper road rules and not learning bad habits handed down from the parent/guardian. And my guess in the near future to get your licence there will be harder training such as they use for getting high risk work licenses and no parent/guardian will be allowed to teach driving lessons.

me&myVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Finally someone who understands, Thank you!
FFS, give the OP a break, i would be pissed too if i was paying good money for an instructor who didn't do their job properly & teaching good techniques and proper road rules and not learning bad habits handed down from the parent/guardian. And my guess in the near future to get your licence there will be harder training such as they use for getting high risk work licenses and no parent/guardian will be allowed to teach driving lessons.

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
The best advice I can give is to pay a trusted fully licensed driver $25 an hour to teach him and sign off on his log book?

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
What a load of bollocks.

Try to keep up with your own story. Fact is this kid pranged your car and since the poor kid hasn't been able to get his hours up as you have no faith in his driving. Nice parenting. Not only did he feel bad but his parent's won't let him near their cars again. Imagine how much confidence he has! The message you have sent "we have no confidence in your ability to drive and not hit anything therefore you can wait till you get your own car and prang that."

this comment is ****, passing judgement of the OP parenting skills, at least he/her is showing interest that they want their kid/s to learn a responsible task of driving & to be honest no parent will have confidence in trusting there kid/s to be able to drive the correct way and with the proper techniques that a prof. driver has through out their life and it would not hurt to be able to do a defensive driver course. You have to take a look on the roads today the number of **** drivers that cant even change a spare tyre let alone there handed the keys to a weapon.

me&myVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Thank you Vicarous Im glad someone can see where Im coming from! And I hope ClairBear re-reads and realises He/she was out of line!

SUSVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S PAC
Grow a set, big woop he hit a letter box, atleast it wasnt a semi trailer coming head on that put you in a coma for a few weeks, that's something that would make you scared to get behind the wheel with him again

me&myVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
And here we go again! There is no point in having a thread where people are trying to be big men trying to create arguments out of nothing. It's my decision as to weather or not I let my Son drive our Lexus and I have decided not to. Would you let your 17 year old drive your $80,000 car? No you wouldn't! I have enough faith in my Son to allow him to buy a new car and wanting to go out with him this weekend to get some hours up. The point of this thread was to get tips on what to teach him not this ****! To have my parenting skills questioned because I haven't got my son on his P Plates yet is disgusting! What does that prove? ClairBear your are so pathetic words can't describe, what because people agreed with me your going to take some stupid point off my profile :/ Like I care!!

SUSVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S PAC
And here we go again! There is no point in having a thread where people are trying to be big men trying to create arguments out of nothing. It's my decision as to weather or not I let my Son drive our Lexus and I have decided not to. Would you let your 17 year old drive your $80,000 car? No you wouldn't! I have enough faith in my Son to allow him to buy a new car and wanting to go out with him this weekend to get some hours up. The point of this thread was to get tips on what to teach him not this ****! To have my parenting skills questioned because I haven't got my son on his P Plates yet is disgusting! What does that prove? ClairBear your are so pathetic words can't describe, what because people agreed with me your going to take some stupid point off my profile :/ Like I care!!

But you let him drive it with only a few hours the first time...?

me&myVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Exactly and look what happened!!!!

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Settle down, it's the internet and if you ask questions you get answers, some you don't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.