Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Getting Rid of Eurvox Stacker FM Control - VR Calais

tristanwalz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais
Hi all

I've had a bit of read through some other threads about this issue. Seems some people have had similar queries but no other posts helped my situation.

I've gotten rid of the stock head unit from my VR calais and replaced with a nice Sony MP3 job. I was fiddling around under the dash in the passenger side and found the splitter box for the stock Eurovox CD Stacker (The junction box where it connects to the aerial cable and connects the DIN cables from the stacker and the remote on the dash).

I was wondering if anyone else has found somewhere the makes cables that allow you to plug a cable into the controller socket in the splitter box that will allow you to plug it into the head unit (basically cable from stacker - to splitter box - to head unit), rather than having to use the remote controller beside the gear shift.

I figured out you could connect RCA leads from the splitter box to the head unit and it sounds so much better than the dodgy fm modulation technique. Just want to get rid of the remote and control it through the head unit to finish the job off.

I read that different stackers/head units use different protocols/methods of sending data between them, just wasn't sure what the go was or if there was an easy way out.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks guys.