Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

gilmer setup for Ls1

jim vxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vxss 5.7 s2
hi guys looking to find a gilmer setup for an Ls1... anyone with any info on findin one would be great!

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
unless there is a kit that i dont know, it cant be done unless you get a supercharger to go with it,
the LS1s have a serpentine belt, where as the older 5Ls have fan belt type setup, which makes it possible for a gilmer drive belt to be fitted

YMY-88U

Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VH SL/E
also the harmonics from the gilmer setup play around with the knock sensors so you'll be in limp home mode alot....save your money

jim vxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vxss 5.7 s2
ok well that sucks, love the noise but cant afford a charger at the moment, would anything else make the noise? i got told maybe a certain water pump would give the same affect, know anything about this?

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
apparently drilling lots of little holes in you alternater fan makes a similar noise, but i would not recomend it

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Vaccum leak might do the trick

YMY-88U

Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VH SL/E
how about of ebay the turbo whistler that goes up the exhaust....either that of do the expensive way and slap a blower on it.. my old vy ss ute sounded similar i bolted a vortech v2 on it

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
unless there is a kit that i dont know, it cant be done unless you get a supercharger to go with it,
the LS1s have a serpentine belt, where as the older 5Ls have fan belt type setup, which makes it possible for a gilmer drive belt to be fitted

You dont need a supercharger to run a gilmer belt set up, I know there's a kit for the holden 5L's but dont know about LS1 try asking your auto pro n repco's to find one