Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Girly piss-poor horn on VF11 Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SV6
Saw this, complete replacement including horns and auto electrician for $115.00, worth it in my opinion, thinking of doing it on my new VF2, my VE SSV one was heaps better. here is link:
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2565994
and main comment:
Fuse is 15w...used existing relay, replaced original with twin Narva horns...didn't need new harness....simple job by Auto Elect....and sounds beaut!

Cheers.
The job cost $115 all up, including the horns. Didn't require a new wiring harness (Holden dealer quoted $500!!)
Horns mounted in same position as the original one (need to remove front RH wheelhouse cover to access).
I didn't see the actual mounting points, but, no problems fitting two in place of one.
Cheers!

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Tbh, I like the VE Horn's better than the VF. I would love to put a VE Horn on my VF when I buy one.

I actually use VE horns on my VX

Much punchier

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Hi did you have a chance to look at the horn setup on VF1 v/s VF11, interested to see if left-hand loom is vacant on VF11 to allow quick fit for after-market high volume snail horn. One more question, do you know if it possible to buy rear door weathershields L and R for VF11, or is there shields for other cars that might fit VF series. many thanks for your info.

I have seen kits on eBay for four weathershields for various SUVs but never for sedans and definitely not Commodores.

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
I got an auto electrician to run a new relay and circuit and added triple air horns on the left hand side bumper area. Installed a dual colour light bar while he was there. I do a lot of highway miles and see a lot of fog with my work.