Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

GM coming back to Aus

Dodgy_Davo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0
Saw this interesting article this morning about GM apparently gearing up to sell EV's in Australia under the Caddy brand

https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-ne...alia-to-be-sold-in-shopping-centres-exclusive

Will be interesting to see how the showroom strategy goes .. and whether they would use the existing GMSV/Holden servicing network

Check out the 55 inch screen/dash in the Escalade IQ

https://www.cadillac.com/upcoming-vehicles/escalade-iq/features#technology

cadillac-escalade-iq-4.jpg

Attachments

• cadillac-escalade-iq-4.jpg
    cadillac-escalade-iq-4.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 58

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Are they selling matching toilet paper with GM written on it? I’d be buying it from their Sharts and Servicing dept?

I bet it would be a bit cheap and rough, hurting our arses just like they did last time.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
If they are going to be sold in shopping centres, it will be appropriate if they are located in the same area as KFC, Maccas and the other junk food distributors, or in the Reject Shop clearance bins.

Maybe in 25 years time, beyond living memory and when the hate has dissipated ......... , maybe. :rolleyes:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
55”screen?

As if people weren’t distracted enough via their phones….
As if current electronics are robust enough within the heat of our summer...
As if a 55” TFT screens will live long within yje heat of our summer…
As if “technicians” will have the skill to diagnose and repair these computers on wheels…
As if it will be reasonable priced to repair these computers on wheels…
As if I’d be interested in jumping on GM’s subscription model that such will also t certainly have…

As if i can forget how the Holden brand was tossed to the curb as it it was rubbish day…
As if I can forget how GM bled our government of 100’s of millions during the last years…

As if people have forgotten how the dealer network was shafted and tossed to the street.
As if people have forgotten how parts prices have increase while vehicle servicing has become more difficult.

As if I can overlook the ginormous overweigh POS with a high price premium that Cadillac is…

As if, I’d be dumb enough to forget and buy a GM product… because it’s branded Cadillac…

Hard pass.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
If they are going to be sold in shopping centres, it will be appropriate if they are located in the same area as KFC, Maccas and the other junk food distributors, or in the Reject Shop clearance bins.

Maybe in 25 years time, beyond living memory and when the hate has dissipated ......... , maybe. :rolleyes:
A couple of generations...

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
55”screen?

As if “technicians” will have the skill to diagnose and repair these computers on wheels…
As if I’d be interested in jumping on GM’s subscription model that such will also t certainly have…

As if i can forget how the Holden brand was tossed to the curb as it it was rubbish day…
As if I can forget how GM bled our government of 100’s of millions during the last years…

As if people have forgotten how the dealer network was shafted and tossed to the street.
As if people have forgotten how parts prices have increase while vehicle servicing has become more difficult.

As if I can overlook the ginormous overweigh POS with a high price premium that Cadillac is…

As if, I’d be dumb enough to forget and buy a GM product… because it’s branded Cadillac…

Hard pass.
Have you tried therapy?

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
55”screen?

Hard pass.
Tell us what you really think about GM !