Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

GM Motorsport Super stock camshaft

Skaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Can anyone give some feedback on this camshaft plz? It's a 219/235 609 620 118+Adv Im wanting an aggressive but less lumpy idle, and a profile that's gonna have a wider power band for daily driver use

gunsmoke

Gunsmoke
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VZ Exec
Wouldnt the supplier be the best one to ask for this info?

turbodragon

Reaction score
Members Ride
470rwkw Twin Turbo VE SS-V
If I remember correctly, I beleive the LSA is what determines how aggressive the idle will be (overlap).

A 118-degree LSA isn't very agressive and I'd hazard a guess that it'll be barely more aggressive over stock in terms of idle choppiness.

Skaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Yea thanks fellas for the input. Can't find nothing on you tube about this cam and the supplier reckons its gonna give me the 300rwkw and behave better in the lower rev range than the lumpy cam I have.

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
What cam are you currently running? Manual or Auto? Diff Gears?

Whats the car doing when you say Behave better?

To me an aggresive cam is a lumpy/choppy cam, So i guess you want the power without the chop?

Skaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Yea mate aggressive prob wasn't the best word I used. I have a manual ve ss with OTR std 3.46 diff gears and di filippo full system. Had a vcm 12 square cam in it, was good cam made 423rwhp but I do a fair chunk of highway driving in the lower rev range thru country towns to work, car shudders at times when cruising. I'm wanting a cam that has minimal chop and best low and mid range power. Car is only used for the streets and I thought maybe the super stock gm cam wud suit me better with a bit of extra grunt if needed. Any suggestions I'd be
grateful fellas, split duration seems to make better sense for L98 port flow.