Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Go Rick Kelly

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
Good to see the young bloke showing some consistency! I hope he takes the championship.
it seems that maybe the tide is changing, blokes like Dean Canto, Jason Richards, Mark Winterbottom Jamie Whincup (dare i say it!) (bloody taxis) may well be the up and coming champions of the sport.
Although, if Skaife had better luck i reckon he would win 80% of races. Those HRT & HDT cars have some horsepower!
Bahrain's Desert 400 and Phillip Island should be great watching.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
finally something to cheer about. those HSV/TOLL cars do have some speed in them. finally the year may go to holden. good way to go before the new VE hits the tracks. shame that Skaife has a monkey on his back cause it does look like he's got the fastest car full stop, just gotta get to finishing the races again without something going wrong

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
He has won 1 race? And will win the championship. It sucks how now, providing you finish in the top 10 all year you are a great shot to win.

Bring back Less points for less positions and more points to win. Lowndes is the one who deserves to win, he has worked damned hard to get that ford going as well as it has.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
He has won 1 race? And will win the championship. It sucks how now, providing you finish in the top 10 all year you are a great shot to win..

aren't they changing the points system to reflect that, only the first 15 score points i think.

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
He has won 1 race? And will win the championship. It sucks how now, providing you finish in the top 10 all year you are a great shot to win.

Bring back Less points for less positions and more points to win. Lowndes is the one who deserves to win, he has worked damned hard to get that ford going as well as it has.

Ingall last year is another example of this issue - never won many races - still took out the championship.

AGRO_38

Formerly SLAYR
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VS UTE

yeah lowndes deserves to win...its never fair

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6

funny how u say that, rick kelly lost the most
where lownsy lost less
refering to drop worst round
http://www.v8supercar.com.au/points/pointsviewopt.asp?ssn=2006&Ind=M

Last edited:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
aren't they changing the points system to reflect that, only the first 15 score points i think.

15 is still too high, it should go first to eighth, i think then it rules out points in low positions.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
maybe but the points spread between 1st and 15th will be greater and avesco recons because every body will be trying to get into the top 15 the racing will be a lot closer, so they say anyways

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
This all came about because Holden was too successful (IMO).. They cripple Holden's cars and make it so everyone gets points just to make it competitive..

And before that they made it only Holden's and Ford's because of how badly the Aussies got owned in the wet by the AWD Godzilla's.. I don't think it's right, I sorely miss Group A and am just upset I wasn't old enough to enjoy it when it was around.

These are both the reasons why I don't support "V8 Super Cars".. neither manufacturer even sells a car with a 5.0 litre engine anymore, and certainly no where near 500+bhp.. Instead of making the cars better (at least homologate people, jeez) to compete with the Japanese and Europeans they just kicked them out.. Argh

Still, go Rick Kelly.. kick their arses :D